This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts
- Set up is simple, free
- After 31 days you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method
A useful application that's well worth the download, whether or not you choose to upgrade.
If you like sharing files and social-networking sites, welcome to GigaTribe. This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts, and it lets you get access to their files and folders as well.
GigaTribe's set up is remarkably simple: install the software, decide which files and folders to share and invite friends. From that point on, your buddies can download any of your shared files and folders, and you can do the same with theirs.
There are a lot of nice little extras in GigaTribe. For example, you can search for a filename in your contact's folders, and you can pause and resume downloads. You can also preview graphics files before downloading them, to make sure that you're getting the right picture. There's also a chat module.
The software also solves an increasingly thorny problem — how to share large files with others. Many e-mail services and ISPs have limits on file sizes, but there's no file size limit with GigaTribe.
Note that you may have to tell your firewall to let GigaTribe access the internet. Also, after 31 days, you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method, rather than the 'EasyConnect' method. EasyConnect can speed up transfers and bypasses any potential firewall issues. To get EasyConnect again, you must upgrade to the paid-for Ultimate version, which is available in monthly and yearly licences.
The Ultimate version includes additional features, such as the ability to download files faster from multiple sources, simultaneously downloading several files at once, and the ability to have more than 500 friends. You'll figure our pretty quickly whether the standard version suits your needs, or whether you need Ultimate.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - BillPayOther
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTWindows Rollout / Desktop Support AnalystOther
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTPlanner - Network Planning and Strategy (Telco Environment)Other
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- FT3rd Line IT EngineerOther
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTTDM ConsultantOther
- FTSalesForce DeveloperOther
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other