This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts
- Set up is simple, free
- After 31 days you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method
A useful application that's well worth the download, whether or not you choose to upgrade.
If you like sharing files and social-networking sites, welcome to GigaTribe. This free software-and-service combo lets you share any files and folders on your PC with friends and other contacts, and it lets you get access to their files and folders as well.
GigaTribe's set up is remarkably simple: install the software, decide which files and folders to share and invite friends. From that point on, your buddies can download any of your shared files and folders, and you can do the same with theirs.
There are a lot of nice little extras in GigaTribe. For example, you can search for a filename in your contact's folders, and you can pause and resume downloads. You can also preview graphics files before downloading them, to make sure that you're getting the right picture. There's also a chat module.
The software also solves an increasingly thorny problem — how to share large files with others. Many e-mail services and ISPs have limits on file sizes, but there's no file size limit with GigaTribe.
Note that you may have to tell your firewall to let GigaTribe access the internet. Also, after 31 days, you will have to transfer files using the slower direct connection method, rather than the 'EasyConnect' method. EasyConnect can speed up transfers and bypasses any potential firewall issues. To get EasyConnect again, you must upgrade to the paid-for Ultimate version, which is available in monthly and yearly licences.
The Ultimate version includes additional features, such as the ability to download files faster from multiple sources, simultaneously downloading several files at once, and the ability to have more than 500 friends. You'll figure our pretty quickly whether the standard version suits your needs, or whether you need Ultimate.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- TPFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Test Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTUX Researcher - ContractNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Telecommunications RiggerSA
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Salesforce Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTWindows EngineerOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - ASAP StartQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- FTManual Tester - Accounting & FinanceOther
- CCData AnalystQLD
- FTProgram Communications SpecialistOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD