Google Nexus One smartphone
In addition to its 1GHz processor and OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera
- Android 2.1, OLED screen, 1GHz CPU
- Early adopters experiencing some teething issues
Google Android 2.1 represents a step forward for Google's already impressive operating system, and the Google Nexus One seems like the ideal handset to show off the new OS's skills. But early adopters have reported teething troubles, so it may be worth waiting a few months before upgrading to the Nexus One.
The Google Nexus One sports a stunning 480x800 OLED screen that displays Android 2.1's 3D graphics beautifully.
The retooled Apps menu in Android 2.1 lets you scroll through your apps with a fingertip - a flourish that rivals the iPhone's interface for slickness.
The Google Nexus One is the latest in a growing line of Google Android phones, though it is the first to offer Android 2.1. Other phones, including the HTC Droid Eris and the Motorola Droid, will feature Android 2.1 in the near future.
According to Google, the Google Nexus One is as thick as a pencil, and weighs as much as a keychain Swiss Army knife.
In addition to its 1GHz processor and 480x800 OLED display, the Google Nexus One sports a multicolour trackball that serves as a notification device, light and proximity sensors, and a 5-megapixel camera with an LED flash.
Google's new Google Earth app for Android 2.1 includes the ability swipe your way through 3D landscapes. The display updates quickly and the graphics are richly detailed.
The Google Nexus One's 5-megapixel camera is mounted on the back of the device. The phone includes a 3.5mm stereo jack and supports stereo audio via Bluetooth as well. In addition, customers can customize their phone with personalized engraving on the rear bezel.
Voice control is now integrated into all facets of Android 2.1. So you can do a voice search for a destination, and the GPS will automatically guide you to it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
- Tech21 Announces New Phone Protection For Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- FTJunior IT Admin CoordinatorACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCDevOps Developer (Chef/IAF/Linux)QLD
- CCSAP Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- FTRobotic Process Automation DeveloperOther
- FTChange Manager- Engineering IndustryOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTProgram Director - Telecommunications (FTK, CW and SAED)Other
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPBusiness Analyst | Utilities | Multiple PositionsQLD
- FTNetwork Design SpecialistOther
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- CCBI AnalystQLD
- CCAngular DevelopersACT
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT RecruitmentOther
- CCProject SAP Asset CoordinatorNSW