Secure and Save before time runs out with Bitdefender Exclusive Clearance Offer! Get Bitdefender Total Security 2018 Now!
GoToMyPC GoToMyPC remote access software
With its slightly unfriendly user interface, GoToMyPC is best for those that wish to work remotely but don't need to share files with others. The service is useful for remote troubleshooting.
Price$ 179.40 (AUD)
GoToMyPC is just as easy to use as LogMeIn and marginally more secure. To set up you simply download the software and create an account with a username and password.
However, GoToMyPC also requires an access code to be assigned to each system to provide an extra layer of security. The software lacks LogMeIn's clear interface but, once we'd entered the access code, the target PC's desktop was immediately visible.
The service then works in the same way as LogMeIn, allowing you to open and edit documents and launch any program on the remote PC. Files can be transferred to and from either PC at the click of a button, although we found the drag-and-drop method to work equally well.
Transferring an 18MB file between PCs took slightly longer than LogMeIn: seven minutes. But the ability to use both PCs while GoToMyPC session is in progress impressed us. A chat function lets you interact between the two systems, which should be useful for situations when you're using the service to sort out others' PC problems.
Unlike LogMeIn, GoToMyPC doesn't enable you to securely share files with others. However, a dedicated option allows you to print documents stored on the target PC through a device connected to the local system; it's also possible to listen to music and system sounds through the local PC.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 8 Sirocco review: A unique flagship that's more of a mutation than a market-leader
- 3 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 4 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 5 Sony Xperia XA2 review: One last hurrah for OmniBalance
Latest News Articles
- Opinion: Is Microsoft already killing off Windows 7?
- Google bring SMS to PCs with Android Messages for Desktop
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- Dropbox Rolls Out New AdminX Tools for Data Management
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?