Grundig Meglio GLED2211HDV LED TV
Grundig Meglio review: A small-screen LED TV that’s got good picture quality and a modern design
- Good detail levels from a small panel
- Modern, thin design
- Speakers distort at high volumes
- No tilt for the screen
Grundig's Meglio GLED2211HDV LED TV is small but is still able to display a good quality picture. Casual viewers will be happy with the screen's contrast and detail, and the design is modern. Unless you're viewing from an awkward angle or need loud speakers, the Meglio is a competent TV with the additional convenience of a built-in DVD player.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Meglio is a slim LED-backlit LCD TV with a built-in DVD player, multimedia support over USB and optional recording and time-shifting of live TV. Its small size makes it well suited to an office, study or bedroom but we would have liked the screen to be more versatile.
Grundig Meglio LED TV: Design, setup and connectivity
The Meglio's stand swivels left to right with a good range of motion, but we were disappointed that it didn't have any up-down tilt available. Given the small size of the screen, we think this would have been an easy and useful inclusion. If the Grundig Meglio is sitting too far above or below your line of vision, colour and screen brightness can be lost.
The Grundig Meglio has two HDMI ports, a single USB port, a few analog video connectors and a side-mounting slim DVD player. The USB is annoyingly on the downward-facing panel at the rear of the TV rather than the side, but since the Meglio is light and small it’s not a huge inconvenience.
We plugged the Grundig Meglio into a Apple MacBook Pro to test the screen's video and audio performance, as well as a Kogan Blu-ray player. We also tested multimedia over USB — MKV, AVI, WMA, MP4 and MOV video files work perfectly, as do MP3, WMA and AAC audio files — and ran through a few DVDs in the inbuilt DVD player.
Grundig Meglio LED TV: Picture quality and performance
The Grundig Meglio's 22in 1080p LED-backlit LCD screen has good picture quality if you're viewing it front-on. Moving horizontally slowly robs colour clarity and brightness, but the screen's poor vertical viewing angle is its main impediment. If you have the Grundig Meglio TV at or near eye level, this won't be an issue.
In ideal viewing conditions the Meglio is able to display a good level of detail, similar to the Vanto (although at a slightly smaller screen size). We watched The Dark Knight and Terminator: Salvation to determine the screen's contrast performance; at default settings the screen tends to wash out highlights a little but lowering brightness meant we could see a reasonable amount of detail in both dark and bright areas. Any casual viewer will be happy with the Grundig Meglio GLED2211HDV for watching TV, DVD or most Blu-ray movies.
We played a number of MKV and MP4 files at 1080p and 720p resolution on the Grundig Meglio to give it a test run. All 720p and all but one 1080p files worked without any errors occurring, with most files starting playback within ten seconds. If you download a lot of video files from the Internet, the Grundig Meglio is a capable choice for playback — it supports all the most common file formats and can handle high-definition content.
The DVD player of the Grundig Meglio is near-silent, starts quickly and operates without any slow-down or undue fuss. If you're mainly going to be using the Meglio for TV or DVD watching, we don't see a reason to purchase a standalone Blu-ray player or media streamer.
Grundig Meglio LED TV: Conclusion
The Grundig Meglio is a competent small-screen LED TV. Its built-in DVD player and integrated USB playback add some extra value to an otherwise simple screen. If you're looking for a small screen for an office or workspace the Meglio doesn't have any glaring flaws in picture quality or performance, but you'll need to accommodate the stand's lack of tilt.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- First Look: LG's Signature Range
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - BI & ReportingNSW
- TPTechnical Specialst (Office 365/Azure)SA
- FTSenior Digital Producer | 6 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTSenior Java Developer - marketsVIC
- CCPricing AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTHelpdesk OfficerSA
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer (UX Design / Siebel Open UI / CSS)NSW
- CCMulesoft DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Front End Developer - ReactJSOther
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- CCExperience / Service DesignerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther