Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV
An LCD TV with a built-in DVD player and USB video playback
- Reasonable picture quality, integrated DVD player is quick and silent, good USB playback support
- Picture quality isn't as good as the $30 more expensive Grundig GLED2407HDC and neither is power or design
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is an all-in-one LCD TV -- it's got an integrated DVD player and can play plenty of different files over USB. If picture quality and power consumption are more important to you than this versatility, we suggest you take a look at the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a 22in LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. It's versatile and would make a good addition to a child's room or a cramped home office, but if you don't explicitly need the built-in DVD player we'd go for the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead for its superior picture quality, better power efficiency and nicer design.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV: Design, features and power consumption
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is pretty stock-standard as LCD TVs go — it has a piano black bezel that's a bit too thick to look good, especially along the lower edge where the speakers are hidden. Being a traditional CCFL-backlit LCD TV, it's not especially thin. The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's slot-loading DVD player is on the left side, hidden slightly out of the way. It's quick to operate once you've put a DVD in, and we couldn't hear it over the TV's inbuilt speakers even at low volume levels.
If you don't want to watch a DVD, the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV can also play a wide range of media files back through its side-mounted USB port. As well as AAC and MP3 music files and JPEG photos, you can also play DivX and MPG4 movies — the two most common formats for downloaded movies and TV shows.
Despite the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's CCFL backlight, it consumes a relatively small amount of power for its screen size and has a six star energy rating. We ran it for an hour and took an average power reading of 39W — not as low as the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC, which also has a larger screen, but impressive nonetheless.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Picture quality
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV has acceptable picture quality, but it's nothing special. Its 1680x1050pixel resolution means it's not able to display the full amount of detail from a Blu-ray movie or HD digital TV broadcast, but there's no unwanted blurriness or excessive loss of quality when watching these formats. We watched The Dark Knight and Speed Racer, and found picture quality to be generally good. The screen may not have the same pop as the Vanto GLED2407HDC but most viewers will be happy with it. We did notice a small amount of detail lost in bright and dark areas of the screen.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Conclusion
Grundig's Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a good product for an all-in-one TV — its DVD player works perfectly and the USB input is a boon for watching downloaded videos. Picture quality is a step behind the LED-backlit [artnid:382632|Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC]] though, so if you want a small TV and it's got to look good, look there first.
Join the PC World newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's squashing of malicious Tizen smart TV bugs is turning messy
- Sony shows off its new OLED and LCD TVs, video projector, and Bluetooth speakers
- Sony’s Bravia XBR-A1E OLED could be the first flat-screen TV with sound that doesn’t suck
- Say goodbye to Apple's third-generation Apple TV
- Japan gears up for 8K TV broadcasting
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSenior HFC EngineerNSW
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- FTRecruitment Consultant - Major AccountsOther
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- FTApplication Security ArchitectOther
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst (Cognos/TM1)Other
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWorkforce AnalystOther
- FTSenior Systems EngineerNSW
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTOffice & Operations AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- FTSystem Specialist - Network SystemsOther
- FTReporting Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther