Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV
An LCD TV with a built-in DVD player and USB video playback
- Reasonable picture quality, integrated DVD player is quick and silent, good USB playback support
- Picture quality isn't as good as the $30 more expensive Grundig GLED2407HDC and neither is power or design
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is an all-in-one LCD TV -- it's got an integrated DVD player and can play plenty of different files over USB. If picture quality and power consumption are more important to you than this versatility, we suggest you take a look at the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead.
Price$ 519.00 (AUD)
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a 22in LCD TV with a built-in DVD player. It's versatile and would make a good addition to a child's room or a cramped home office, but if you don't explicitly need the built-in DVD player we'd go for the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC instead for its superior picture quality, better power efficiency and nicer design.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV: Design, features and power consumption
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV is pretty stock-standard as LCD TVs go — it has a piano black bezel that's a bit too thick to look good, especially along the lower edge where the speakers are hidden. Being a traditional CCFL-backlit LCD TV, it's not especially thin. The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's slot-loading DVD player is on the left side, hidden slightly out of the way. It's quick to operate once you've put a DVD in, and we couldn't hear it over the TV's inbuilt speakers even at low volume levels.
If you don't want to watch a DVD, the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV can also play a wide range of media files back through its side-mounted USB port. As well as AAC and MP3 music files and JPEG photos, you can also play DivX and MPG4 movies — the two most common formats for downloaded movies and TV shows.
Despite the Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV's CCFL backlight, it consumes a relatively small amount of power for its screen size and has a six star energy rating. We ran it for an hour and took an average power reading of 39W — not as low as the Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC, which also has a larger screen, but impressive nonetheless.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Picture quality
The Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV has acceptable picture quality, but it's nothing special. Its 1680x1050pixel resolution means it's not able to display the full amount of detail from a Blu-ray movie or HD digital TV broadcast, but there's no unwanted blurriness or excessive loss of quality when watching these formats. We watched The Dark Knight and Speed Racer, and found picture quality to be generally good. The screen may not have the same pop as the Vanto GLED2407HDC but most viewers will be happy with it. We did notice a small amount of detail lost in bright and dark areas of the screen.
Grundig Misuro GLCD2208HDV LCD TV: Conclusion
Grundig's Misuro GLCD2208HDV is a good product for an all-in-one TV — its DVD player works perfectly and the USB input is a boon for watching downloaded videos. Picture quality is a step behind the LED-backlit [artnid:382632|Grundig Vanto GLED2407HDC]] though, so if you want a small TV and it's got to look good, look there first.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Samsung’s Next TV is a Real Frame-Changer
- CES 2018: Hisense's 2018 TV Lineup Is 'A Whole Other Story' For Australians
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Sony's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Samsung's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Hisense's Press Conference
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Design EngineerQLD
- FTContinuous Improvement - Lean ConsultantOther
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Solutions Consultants- ServiceNowNSW
- CCHyperion Reporting Analyst - Contract initially - Large Telco in SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Desktop Technical EngineerOther
- TPImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior DeveloperWA
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- FTDatabase Designer and AdministratorOther
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- CCUnix AdminNSW
- FTPlatform Architect - NetworksOther
- FTPlatform Architect - Infrastructure/CloudVIC
- TPJunior Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTIT Security EngineerOther