GSP Software Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition
- Intuitive interface, Web clipper
- Too pricey for a casual user
When you have exhausted the usefulness of pen, paper or traditional software, Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is a specialist package that's the perfect solution for keeping track of your ancestors. It's ideal for genealogy buffs, but a bit too complex, not to mention expensive, if you just want to keep track of your immediate family.
Price$ 136.26 (AUD)
With clairvoyants who say you were a great knight in the past, the interest in tracing your roots would be a lot more fascinating. Where once you would have had to store all the information, documents and photos in unwieldy spreadsheets or documents at best, or shoeboxes in the garage at worst, now software titles such as Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition provide you with a simple way to store and track all that precious data.
Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition is the latest addition to this range of best selling family-history software packages. It gives you an easy way of storing all the family history information in a logical, electronic, editable tree and links are given to a three-month trial subscription to Ancestry, so you can look up facts on your family's past.
This version of Family Tree Maker has a fresh, intuitive interface, as well as a host of new features. The Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition now recognises the importance of the Internet in tracking down your past, and the Web clipper allows you to merge online data into your family tree.
There are also timelines, which can highlight important personal, family or even historical events that occurred during your ancestors' lives. As well as locating when things happened, new interactive maps and lists allow you to show where events happened, and to associate people and events with particular places.
As you research your family history, you will probably find a whole host of photos and potentially other media files, so Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition also has the facility to attach these files to different people in your family, and to use them in charts or reports.
Once you have completed your tree, or a branch of your tree, you can create charts and tables to display all the information, and using Family Tree Maker 2008 Platinum Edition you can print these out and share them with the rest of your family.
Join the newsletter!
We have 4 to give away so jump in!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTAgile CoachOther
- CCAutomation TesterVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCWintel Server & SOE EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Storage Specialist - NetApp Storage and Cisco IP-SANVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Risk & Financial CrimeNSW
- CCTIBCO DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? Azure Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperACT
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- FTFrontend Developer - Angular4/FirebaseNSW
- FT.NET Developer (perm and contract)Other
- FTAPI Developer | Full stackOther
- TPBusiness Analyst Business Intelligence QlikVIC
- FTAssociate - Case ManagementOther