H&M Software StudioLine Photo 2.10
With strong editing tools, a thumbnail preview pane, sharing and online uploading and an integrated link so files can be sent direct to an online print shop, this is an excellent program.
Price$ None (AUD)
Titularly speaking, it's reminiscent of both a cheap 'n' cheerful clothes store and an Eighties hair product - but these aren't StudioLine's only plus points.
For starters, you can name image files and folders as you wish, and add information such as when and where a shot was taken, so tracking down that snap of Aunt Dora with her long-lost sister becomes a doddle. In fact, the Descriptor dialog panel can be jam-packed with detail.
The effective editing tools are backed up with huge thumbnail previews. Double-click on a picture and a screen splitter appears in the image viewer that lets you see before and after effects.
We sharpened a fuzzy snap of a duck taken using too much zoom and watched the transformation occur as we dragged the Sharpen slider bar. Impressive. When you've applied an edit to an image, StudioLine tags its thumbnail with an icon indicating the tool last applied and the strength used. There's also a drop-down history pane listing the other changes.
In fact, StudioLine provides exceptionally useful and in-context information via pop-up help panes at every stage so there's little need to root around Help menus. The tools are easy to locate and apply and you can customise the onscreen setup by docking and undocking tools that you commonly or rarely use. Once it's got an image in its archive, StudioLine automatically saves edited files separately from the original so you don't need to worry about accidentally overwriting it - a nifty provision making for easy recovery of unwittingly ruined files.
StudioLine has more than basic editing features, with tools such as history/action tracking. This ensures your end-product is as detailed as the original.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTBI Service Operations LeadOther
- TPSQL Developer/AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness QA Manager - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- FTAdministration SupportOther
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Support Officer (Part Time)SA
- FTDigital Project Manager - Mobile App, Website BuildOther
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter Valley AreaNSW
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- TPSenior Desktop AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerOther
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Security)Other
- FTSenior Project Manager - Dynamics CRMOther
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- FTData ScientistOther