Harman Kardon DVD37
- Excellent audio support, attractive design, great range of connections
- Very pricey
The DVD-37 is a good fit for a high-end home entertainment system. Those who can afford it won't be disappointed by its quality.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Harman/Kardon DVD37 is a high-end DVD player, designed to be used with similarly high-end audio and visual equipment. With its impressive range of video and audio connections, this is a player aimed squarely at advanced users, although its streamlined interface and great functionality make it a solid choice for anyone in need of a DVD player.
DVD playback worked well, and the DVD37 has all the features expected of high-end a DVD player. We tested the player using its HDMI, Component and Composite connections, and its quality was excellent. The HDMI port can output resolutions up to 720p and 1080i, delivering a sharp and clear image in these modes. In addition to HDMI, Component and Composite ports, the player also has S-Video.
Audio is one of the DVD37's real strengths though, with digital output being offered via coaxial, optical, and of course, HDMI connections. The player also has connections for 6-channel surround sound, and is compatible with major surround sound formats, including Dolby Digital and DTS. When connected to the Harman/Kardon HKTS7 speaker system via the Harman/Kardon AVR 645 receiver, we found the audio performance of the entire setup to be excellent, further highlighting how well this player works as one part of a fully-featured home entertainment setup.
Already a great choice for audiophiles, the DVD37 also provides support for the DVD-Audio MLP lossless format. It delivers excellent sound quality with impressive bass, due to the player's inbuilt bass management system.
The DVD37's design fits perfectly with its functionality - it's sleek and intuitive. A well laid-out, backlit remote control makes operating the player a breeze, and the simple menu system allows for quick and easy configuration of the player's settings. The back panel, which sports an absolute mountain of inputs and outputs, is closely packed without being cramped, while the front panel is slim and streamlined with an unobtrusive LED display.
The DVD37 is a great purchase due to its functionality and it worked very well in our tests. With excellent audio performance and a huge range of connections, the unit is perfectly suited to users looking for a high-end DVD player for their home entertainment setup. Although slightly expensive, discerning users will find it a welcome addition to their living room.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTNetwork Integration SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Front End Developer - (Urgent)Other
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTProgram Director - ieMROther
- CCMid-level SAP Architect - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLevel 1 Application Support (POS)QLD
- FTField EngineerVIC
- FTDigital Product OwnerOther
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTSenior Procurement Manager- Government BackgroundOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDatabase Systems SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Infrastructure Projects)Other
- FTSecurity Cleared Network EngineerACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE Developer (Brisbane)Other
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- TPAPS6 Business AnalystACT