Harvey Norman Holdings Online Photo Printing
- Great range of sizes, Cheap!
- Horrible signup
If you can stand the signup and want some of the cheapest photographs around, Harvey Norman is the right choice.
Price$ 0.29 (AUD)
Harvey Norman's photo printing service really managed to distinguish itself by offering rock bottom prices for smaller prints, as well as a full online gallery service. This service is similar to Kodak's online sharing system. It allows you to upload and store albums, sharing them with friends and colleagues, and generally get your work out there online.
Their prices are what will really attract people however, offering the lowest cost prints for all the smaller sizes. At a mere $0.29 a copy for standard sized prints, and with larger 6x8 inch shots costing just $0.99 (they can cost upwards of $3.00 at other places), Harvey Norman is definitely the place to go for the budget orientated photographer.
There are an impressive number of print options as well. Whilst not as varied as those offered by FujiFilm, you can get prints stretching from regular 4x6 inches all the way to 20x30 inches, which is as big as we have seen. Now you too can plaster giant versions of yourself around the house for all to see.
Rather than doing the photo processing themselves, Harvey Norman have elected to license out FujiFilm's technology. Unfortunately however, they have added a hefty amount of signup time to the otherwise effortless client. Customers will eventually be greeted with the wonderful FujiFilm web-based photo interface, but not before they have gone through several email correspondences and signed away several years of their life (or so it seems!). We understand that it may be necessary to properly utilise the web-based gallery functions, but for people who just want to print out photographs it is a huge waste of time.
As a result of outsourcing the work, photos can take up to a week to be delivered, although depending on your location it may be sooner. The cost is a meagre $2.50.
We found Harvey Norman's image quality to be excellent. They produced the liveliest shots, with bright colours and clean edges. Our outdoors prints were sunny, yet accurately shaded. These were the lightest of all our test prints, but we thought they looked the best.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- Dragon Gets NDIS Approval
- NAB go in on Google Assistant integration with new app
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- CCProcess Specialist-Lean Six SigmaNSW
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTTECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE LEADOther
- CCMultiple Business AnalystsACT
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior IT Business Analyst -Other
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTINCIDENT MANAGEROther
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- CCIT Project SchedulerQLD
- CCProject Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- FTProject Coordinator - SAED/TelcoNSW
- CCData Business AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- CCMobile DeveloperNSW