Hewlett-Packard Australia Deskjet 6540
- Fast printing in both black and colour
- Its colour printing is more expensive than competitors
If blistering print speed is crucial--particularly if you're looking to make regular use of the lower quality settings--you'll find this a stunning printer.
Price$ 158.44 (AUD)
The DeskJet 6540's biggest selling point is its claim of 30ppm (pages per minute) printing. Speeds quoted by manufacturers should always be taken with a pinch of salt, but while the 6540's real-world performance is almost half the stated speed, it still manages to outperform every other printer in its price range.
Not only did it produce black text at the staggering rate of 16ppm during our tests, its output in FastDraft mode was surprisingly dark and legible. Speed falls to a still rapid 7.8ppm at the second quality mode. Even with the dark and pristine lettering produced by the third quality setting, performance is a very reasonable 7.5ppm.
Switch to colour and the 6540 is even more impressive. Even at the lowest quality setting, the quality is extremely good at a blistering 6.3ppm, which is an amazing rate for an inkjet. At the higher quality modes, it's still faster than the competition, and produces higher quality output that fizzes with colour.
The HP has a carefully thought-out external control panel that makes it easy to adjust the printer's settings. It doesn't feature any specific digital camera features.
You can bolt on an optional 250-sheet paper tray in addition to the standard 150-sheet tray.
Join the newsletter!
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Tech BA (Banking) , 6 months contract, CBD Location,NSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTLead DevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior .NET Developer / Consultant - Brisbane based (Work from home/client site)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical Project Manager (HRIS)WA
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCFront End Developer, North Sydney, UI knowledge, ReactJS, Adobe ManagementNSW
- FTData AnalystOther
- CCUI iOS & Android DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Change AnalystOther
- TPChange ManagerQLD
- TPBI AnalystNSW
- CCERP Technical AnalystQLD
- FTSystems EngineerOther
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Cloud - GovernmentVIC
- FTServiceNow- Platform DesignerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTService Management LeadOther
- FTSAP Test AnalystsOther
- FTDesktop Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW