Hewlett-Packard Australia L1955
- Dual inputs, quick menu, pivot and height adjustment
- Slight reduction in quality with VGA signal, slight blurring in high-speed scenes
Dual inputs, pivot functionality and height adjustment make the HP L1955 a quality screen at a reasonable price. And a three-year warranty doesn't hurt either.
Price$ 849.00 (AUD)
HP's L1955 is a well-specced 19" TFT monitor suited to any use. The panel runs at 1280 x 1024 pixels; a standard resolution for a 19" model. Weighing 7.5kg, the L1955 is well built, albeit with a slightly blocky appearance. The unit measures 40 x 21 x 57cm, which is about average. The screen face can be tilted and pivoted, while a telescopic base allows for straightforward height adjustment.
The display includes two inputs--both DVI and VGA--and the user can switch between them. This feature is becoming more common on current-generation screens, and it makes them ideal for driving two PCs at once (possibly a primary PC and additional server or router).
The screen features a thin bezel and five buttons on the front panel. The on-screen menu is well designed, easy to use and extremely quick. You're not kept waiting while the display switches from DVI and VGA inputs. The auto-configuration is also zippy and does a reasonable job of configuring the display for general use. We found a few extra changes to brightness and colour settings enhanced the image even more.
There was a slight difference in image quality between the analog and digital inputs, with the DVI connection offering superior definition with light shades. It was noticeable when looking at greyscale image-testing charts, but not during general use.
One elegant feature of the screen is a built-in four-port USB hub. Two connectors are on the rear of the housing, while the other two are on the side for easy access.
The screen boasts a wide viewing angle of 176-degrees, but the contrast dropped quickly as we tried to view it from either extreme. In motion testing, the image blurred slightly in high-speed scenes, but it would still be adequate for light gaming or watching DVDs. In fact, the L1955 is a great all-round display at a reasonable price.
The bundled software is straightforward, and HP includes a screen rotation application to drive the pivoting function. A three-year warranty rounds out an already solid feature set.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCHFC Support EngineerNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTData Centre Server EngineerOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior Penetration TesterACT
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- TPSolution Architect - HealthQLD
- CCApplication Support Analyst - Level 2QLD
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- TPSolution DesignerVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperOther
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- TPSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTEngineer Control Systems SpecialistSA
- CCBusiness AdministratorNSW
- FTRail Program Manager, Fleet TransformationOther
- FTJunior Account Manager - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence (BI) Analyst ProgrammerQLD
- FTVB DeveloperOther