Hewlett-Packard Australia Laserjet 2600n
- Compact and lightweight, good quality text printing.
- Poor colour printing, too slow, high cost per page.
Given the 2600n's high costs per page and lagging print speeds, consider spending more for the much faster and more efficient Dell 3000cn.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The HP Color LaserJet 2600n is easy to maintain and is best suited for a small workgroup with modest demands. Lightweight at only 18.4 kilograms, the printer is also compact and should squeeze into the most cramped of workspaces.
The 2600n's paper drawer holds up to 250 sheets of plain paper. For an extra cost, you can add a second 250-sheet tray, which might be handy for printing your letterhead, but hardly turns this unit into a high-capacity workhorse. No optional duplexer is available; however, the 2600dn includes this feature.
The 2600n printed some of the sharpest-looking text we've seen, albeit slowly, at 6.8 ppm. On plain paper, colour images looked grainy with lots of banding. Colours were oversaturated and skin tones had an unnatural orange tint. Glossy photos looked slightly greenish, a little grainy, and had faint banding.
The four toner cartridges are the only replaceable parts, and they slide easily into individual slots behind the fold-down front door of the printer. The 2600n comes with full-capacity cartridges, though their rated capacities are modest: just 2500 pages for the black cartridge, and 2000 pages for the color cartridges. The 2600n has the highest estimated costs per page of any printer in our tested group: 2.9 cents per monochrome page and 14.9 cents per color page.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTFront End Developer with UX designOther
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTHead of Development - SaaS ProductNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- CCData Scientist - Telecom IndustryVIC
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Techno Function ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTProgram Level Agile CoachOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure/ Hybrid Cloud Architect - Government OrganisationVIC