Hewlett-Packard Australia Pavilion a1060a
Price$ 2,799.00 (AUD)
HP's Pavilion range of PCs is well worth considering if you are after a good-looking home PC for everyday computing and multimedia. Indeed, the target-market for this machine is users who are heavily into digital photography and even digital video editing.
The Pentium 4 540 processor runs at 3.2GHz and its ATI Radeon X300 graphics card is a mainstream card designed for viewing digital images and video on your PC, but not for playing games. A 200GB hard drive provides plenty of space for storing your digital media and a DVD burner allows you to back up your data. The DVD burner is also Lightscribe-capable. Lightscribe, a technology created by HP, uses the DVD burner's laser to burn images and labels on special dye-cast discs (the technology only works with Lightscribe-capable discs). Once you have finished burning your data, simply flip the disc back into the burner, data side up, and burn a label for it. It does take some time and the result is monochrome, but fairly impressive nonetheless.
This machine is also equipped for watching TV and DVD movies, as it ships with an analog TV tuner card (which also lets you listen to FM radio) and a fully functional remote control.
This HP is set up with all these functions enabled. All the software HP supplies is preinstalled. This includes Microsoft Works 8.0, Encarta Standard 2005, as well as HP's operating system and application recovery programs.
HP has done a great job of making this machine look good. Its front panel has stealth optical bays and a sliding door conceals the USB and FireWire ports. If you're after an attractive, off-the-shelf PC for entertainment, education and for storing your digital media, this one is recommended. The supplied software and the excellent no-fuss nature of the set up process makes for an impressive out-of-box experience. Its $2799 price tag includes a 19in LCD monitor.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCFeature Team Lead/Technology SpecialistVIC
- FTAnalyst Programmer - Contact Centre ApplicationsOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTChange Lead- Timetable ReadinessOther
- FTData Scientist/Java LeadVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - POS/DesktopOther
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTSecurity Architect, Framework DesignNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystVIC
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTScientific Software DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Go to Market / Channel ReadinessOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther