Hewlett-Packard Australia Pavilion a1370a
- Bundled software, Lightscribe-capable DVD burner
This PC is perfect as an out-of-the-box solution for a family. It comes with Microsoft Works, Encarta and its input peripherals and 19in LCD screen make it a joy to use.
Price$ 2,499.00 (AUD)
The Pavilion a1370a may not be the fastest or best-featured system on the market for its price, but it is a nice home PC that is designed for multimedia activities and everyday computing tasks.
Its specifications are decent: it includes a 64-bit Pentium D 930 CPU, which has dual-core technology and is perfect for multitasking. Other key specifications include 1GB RAM, a 160GB hard drive and a LightScribe-capable DVD burner. The hard drive does seem to offer less storage than many PCs in this price range.
In our tests, this drive managed to transfer data at a rate of 17MBps, and in World Bench 5 the Pavilion scored 83, which is a little slower than we expected. It encoded 52 minutes' worth of WAV files into 192Kbps MP3 files in 2min 28sec.
We didn't run any gaming benchmarks on this machine. With a GeForce 6200SE graphics card, which features TurboCache (a technology that uses a portion of system RAM for graphics purposes), the machine is not geared towards any serious gaming, as its 3DMark 2005 score of 1031 illustrates.
What we liked about this PC is its relatively small case and design. It's shorter than a typical mid-tower case and it has a concealable set of connectivity options on the front panel along with a memory card reader, which makes it easy to transfer files from portable devices to your PC.
The LightScribe-capable DVD burner allows you to professionally label any discs you create by simply flipping them over and burning onto the label side.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTData ModellerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - C++ and NodeQLD
- CCData Migration ConsultantVIC
- CCPortfolio ManagerNSW
- FTSAP BW/BI DeveloperVIC
- FTManager - Electrical Engineering (Electrical/Signal) backgroundOther
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce ArchitectOther
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- TPBusiness Process Flow AnalystNSW
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTIT Security SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTFinance AnalystOther
- CCDatabase AnalystNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- FTSystem AdministratorACT
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD