Hewlett-Packard Australia Photosmart 3310 All-in-One
- Good all around printing
- No CD/DVD printing
We like the photo quality of this unit’s output as well as its speed, versatility and connectivity options. The only thing missing is the ability to print directly onto CDs and DVDs.
Price$ 549.00 (AUD)
HP's Photosmart 3310 all-in-one device is a well-rounded imaging solution for the home - it can print, scan, copy and fax documents and it's very easy to use. Even if you don't have a PC you can use the 3310 as a stand-alone fax and copy machine and you can also print images directly from a digital camera or memory card.
Significantly, this model has six individual ink cartridges for printing photos, which are located just under the front-panel of the unit. The cartridges supply ink to the print head through tubes. These cartridges are easy to install and cost $14 each, except for the black and magenta ones, which cost $29 and $15 respectively. How long these last will depend on the type and frequency of your printing as well as the print size.
In our tests, borderless photo prints in "Best" quality mode looked vivid and crisp and they came out quickly: a 6x4 borderless print took 1min 50sec, while an A4 borderless print took 3min 9sec. An A4-sized scan at 300dpi with the "Descreen" filter turned on (to remove moire patterning) took only 40sec. The colour accuracy and detail level of the scan was very good. The 3310 will only handle one function at a time, so you can't print and scan simultaneously.
A 2.5in screen lets you view pictures directly from a memory card, as well as view and edit a document's layout before copying it. The screen will even let you print off single frames from captured videos.
The 3310 comes with Ethernet and Wi-Fi. We had no problem printing through our 802.11g network, which the printer detected straight away.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTHelpdesk / Support AnalystOther
- CCProcess LeadNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Producer | High Profile Website | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCCICD ArchitectVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Superannuation/WealthOther
- CCData ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTOperations Orchestration SpecialistACT
- FTJunior IT Admin CoordinatorACT
- FTICT Deployment Engineer / Field Service TechnicianQLD
- TPSenior Instructional Designer/TrainerQLD
- CCTest Analyst - Intermediate LevelNSW
- CCLead Service DesignerACT
- TPNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Test Automation SpecialistOther