Hewlett-Packard Australia Photosmart A626
- Easy to use, photo-editing and enhancing features, colour-rich prints
- Slow print time, doesn't come with a USB cable
The HP A626 delivers plenty of bang for your buck. With enough photo-editing and enhancing features to keep the kids occupied, the easy-to-use HP A626 produces crisp, colour-rich prints. Pity about the drying time, though.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
HP's good-value A626 boasts touch screen operation with its supplied plastic stylus, plus the ability to produce both 6x4in and 5x7in prints.
Its black design and handbag-sized dimensions, complete with carry handle, are reminiscent of a mini ghetto blaster. The 4.8in LCD is both large and clear, and the A626 uses HP's Vivera ink set.
Flip down the front and four separate card slots are revealed, along with a USB port for connecting PictBridge-enabled digital cameras (you'll have to supply your own cable). Next to these sits a compartment for front-loading the printer cartridge. If you need Bluetooth, an adapter is available.
There's nothing fiddly about the HP A626. Touchscreen operation is generally something you love or hate, but here HP cuts the number of buttons and controls required, affording the A626 a minimalist appearance and user-friendly operation.
The stylus allows you to get creative, doodling on your images and erasing any unwanted scribbles. You can also crop images, remove red-eye and adjust photo brightness.
While fun to use, the A626 isn't the quickest printer here. It delivers a 6x4in print in 90 seconds that's still wet to the touch.
On the plus side, there's plenty of detail and HP's Premium Plus Photo Paper provides a lovely velvety texture -- although the blacks aren't quite as deep and well-defined as they are on Epson's photo printers. The colours, though rich, are a little over-saturated.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior PMO ManagerNSW
- FTTest Lead - Automation (energy and metering sector)Other
- FTImplementation ManagerOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- FTProject AnalystOther
- CCSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject SchedulersQLD
- FTStorage EngineerOther
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneWA
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSet-Top Box InstallerQLD
- FTNetwork Administrator / Junior Network OperatorOther
- FTSenior Wintel Engineer, VMware, SCCMOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCJunior IT Project ManagerNSW
- FTChange Manager - must have experience working in Fin ServicesOther
- FTSystem EngineerOther