Hewlett-Packard Australia w2207h
A good 22in monitor
- Good image
- Increased reflectivity from Brightview, no DVI adapter included, bezel prone to fingerprints
Overall, if the HP w2207h finds its way into your home or office, you'll most likely be happy with it. Just be prepared to buy a DVI adaptor.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The 22in HP w2207h has all the features you could want in a good monitor. It comes through with great image quality, particularly with text, and it provides tilt, pivot, swivel and height adjustments.
HP has incorporated its Brightview glare panel in the HP w2207h, instead of using the chemically treated antiglare coating that appears on some of the company's other monitors, such as the the HP LP3065 and the the HP LP1965. This makes for a cleaner-looking image, but introduces more reflectivity as well.
The HP w2207h display, which has a native resolution of 1680 by 1050 pixels, comes with two side USB ports, plus HDMI and VGA inputs. HP doesn't bundle an adaptor to connect the monitor's HDMI or VGA ports to the DVI connection that most PCs now use, although such adapters are inexpensive and readily available online.
The HP w2207h display sits in an inch thick glossy black bezel with rounded edges. Unfortunately, you can easily smudge the glossy finish with fingerprints when adjusting the display.
Although the HP w2207h doesn't have a headphone jack, it does include a set of built-in speakers. Like most speakers built into monitors, the HP's are weak in bass, resulting in flat, tinny audio. For soft background music or basic sound effects for games, however, the speakers are adequate.
HP includes MyDisplay software to help you perform simple monitor calibrations, and you can automatically rotate the screen when you pivot it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTL1/L2 Helpdesk Technician - FIFOWA
- FTERP Consultant - Project SystemsQLD
- CCChange Manager-Port MacquarieNSW
- CCFinance AnalystNSW
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- CCFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - SAP PPMOther
- CCProduct Owner - DigitalVIC
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTTechnical Architect/DeveloperOther
- FTProject Director- CloudOther
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- FTField Engineers - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW