HP w2558hc LCD monitor
The W2558hc LCD monitor performed well in our image-quality tests
- Displayed nice colours in tests, includes a built-in card reader
- Lacks a VGA connection
Given the HP W2558hc's wealth of extras, its excellent image quality, and its distinctive design, US$549 might be a good deal for this well-rounded monitor after all.
The HP W2558hc 25.5-inch widescreen LCD offers impressive image quality, a host of extra features, and a pleasant design. What's not to like? It's expensive.
The W2558hc performed well in our image-quality tests, presenting sharp, readable text on black and white backgrounds alike. Text was quite easy to read even at 6 points; we didn't have to strain to see the lettering.
Colors looked bright, particularly in a portrait. Skin tones appeared realistic, with even shading and the proper amount of contrast to give the image a pleasing feel. The display also handled our motion tests well, showing smooth video with no visible fluttering.
The unit's 25.5-inch size is unusual, but that allows it to have a 1920 by 1200 native resolution.
As for extras, the W2558hc has them in spades. A built-in Webcam resides at the center of the top bezel. On the left side of the display sits a card reader that accommodates all types of media cards. Two USB ports are also on the left. On the back, the W2558hc has two HDMI ports, DVI and VGA ports, USB-in and -out ports, and an audio-in jack.
Four inset buttons on the bottom-right lip of the bezel control the easy-to-navigate on-screen menus. Two additional buttons control the W2558hc's other unique feature: a built-in task light that shines from under the monitor down onto any papers or items you might have placed on the table. The W2558hc also doubles as a digital picture frame, as it can show photos stored on memory cards placed in the card reader.
All of those extra features are integrated well into the monitor's clean design, which sports HP's signature piano-black finish. The display is height-adjustable, too; a built-in lever allows you to make the adjustments. Though the W2558hc can tilt, it does not swivel.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
- More high-end GPUs are now compatible with Dell's 8K monitor
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Moto E4: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTSolutions DesignerNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- TPProject ManagerACT
- FTAPI Developer / Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther
- CCProgram Evaluation ManagerNSW
- CCPMO Resource ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideQLD
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- CCJira AdministratorNSW
- FTProject Support Officer/ Project Coordinator - GovernmentOther
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSnr Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTLevel 3 Support Engineer (Tibco, Java, J2ee, Jboss)Other