Hitachi Australia DZ-M730E
- Easy to edit in camera
- Finalising disc can take time, needs unwieldy adapter for slot loading DVD players
The DZ-MV730E offers more refinement, better menu controls and more effective disc preparation than earlier DVD camcorders.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
Early generations of DVD camcorders were clunky, half-baked efforts at taking advantage of the inevitable onslaught of DVD in the home. It took a few years before a DVD camcorder arrived that could even remotely compare to a miniDV camcorder with regards to usability, handling and quality.
Hitachi deserve credit for persevering with the format over several model generations, and investing a lot of time and resources to create a DVD camcorder that could compare favourably with the best miniDV tape camcorders available. The DZ-MV730E is such a device.
The DZ-MV730E records video to either rewritable DVD-RAM discs or to write-once DVD-R media. DVD-R media is the most compatible with many home DVD players; Panasonic DVD recorders and a very few players are able to read DVD-RAM discs.
In good lighting conditions, the DZ-MV730E performs very well, producing sharp, accurate colours with its 800,000 pixel CCD. It can take 10 to 20 seconds to initialise and catalogue a disc before it's ready to shoot; however, this is normal for the format and common with most other DVD camcorders. Once prepared, the camcorder automatically finds the empty space on the DVD, so there's no need to worry about overwriting important scenes, as is possible when recording with tape. The camera also supports SD media for stills.
A bright 2.5" LCD works well even when recording in bright sunlight, or you can use the optical viewfinder if conditions get too bright. It has a 16X optical zoom.
The Hitachi DZ-MV730E is a very good DVD camcorder that is much more user friendly and much less clunky than the early generations of DVD based camcorders; getting the price below the $1000 mark also makes it an attractive proposition.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure ArchitectQLD
- FTScientific Software DeveloperOther
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- TPSenior Desktop AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- FTSenior Digital ProducerNSW
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- FTScrum Master, MarketingOther
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - Software Asset ManagementVIC
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC