HP iPAQ rx5765
- Great value
- A little slow
The iPAQ is a touch slow at times and its lack of a pedestrian mode hasn't gone unnoticed. However, it still offers amazing value for money and excellent functionality.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
Satnav, a feature that was once found only in the most expensive cars, is increasingly crammed on to the screens of smart phones and PDAs and hidden beneath the passenger seat of rusty bangers.
The latest addition to HP's iPAQ line-up, the 5765, runs on Windows Mobile 5.0 Premium, combining navigation assistance with Office applications, contact- and data-management software, media playback, e-mail and Web browsing. It's a simple matter to sync data with a PC, and images are easily sent directly to print.
Although some features are dependant on accessibility to a wireless network, the main features are not. And by configuring the BT Phone Manager, you can tap into your mobile's Internet connection using the built-in Bluetooth receiver. It's here that the iPAQs ability to switch between horizontal and vertical displays really impresses.
With TomTom Navigator 6.0 Australian maps preinstalled, postcode navigation, various points of interest and access to TomTom Plus services, the iPAQ is all you need to find your way. That said, it suffers some delay around corners, which can be confusing when one turn leads immediately to another. And we still haven't found a GPS capable of quickly finding a signal at startup in remote locations
Importantly, the HP features password protection. And reassurances continue abroad. While it has an exhaustive collection of maps, iPAQ Choice points allow you to download more - along with additional games and software. Meanwhile, WorldMate keeps you clued-up with differing time zones, currencies and whatever else may have you confused.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic launches new Windows powered Toughpad
- Oppo release limited Barcelona FC version of R11 flagship
- 3SIXT Reveals iPhone X Offering
- ALDI Mobile Ups Stakes in the Telco Industry
- Tech21 Unveils New Phone Protection for Apple iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCJava DeveloperNSW
- FTC++ Analyst ProgrammerOther
- TPProject Manager - Network, Security and Wi-FiQLD
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst l Interviewing this weekNSW
- TPSAP S/4HANA Implementation Project Manager - FMCGVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerWA
- FTApplication Service Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Desktop EngineerOther
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- CCDynamics CRM Business AnalystNSW
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- CCThe job "Automation Test Analyst Guidewire " is now ExpiredQLD
- FTApplication Support Team Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- CCTechnical Specialist O365NSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTUX Designer | Mid Level | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTAgile CoachOther
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Technical / Team LeadOther
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)NSW