HP Officejet 6000 (E609a) inkjet printer
A cheap HP inkjet printer that can produce high quality results
- Ethernet connectivity, practical design, excellent quality colour documents, cheap to run
- Slow print speeds, poor quality at 'normal' setting, ships with starter cartridges
The HP Officejet 6000 inkjet printer won't replace your laser or dedicated photo printer, but it strikes a middle ground between the two. While slow, it can produce professional colour documents to show off your products and services.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
HP's Officejet 6000 (E609a) is a barebones inkjet printer. Though only $149 at the register, you still get an Ethernet connection along with the standard USB port. Automatic duplex doesn't come as standard but the Officejet 6000's bundled drivers support manual duplex.
Resembling the Officejet Pro 8000 in design, the Officejet 6000 is short but quite wide. There are no direct print options, and the fascia itself is completely bare save for resume buttons and indicator lights for the ink cartridges.
The HP Officejet 6000 inkjet printer is cheap to run, at just 17.77c per A4 page when using high-yield cartridges. Though it won't compete with laser printers, it is significantly cheaper than similarly priced multifunctions like the Brother MFC-250C. It isn't all good news, however; the Officejet 6000 is bundled with starter cartridges, which didn't even provide enough ink to cover the PC World testing procedures.
In draft mode, the HP Officejet 6000 prints greyscale documents at a rate of 17.5 pages per minute and colour ones at 16.3ppm. It takes substantially longer to print pages using the normal quality setting; 42.5 seconds and 43.7 seconds to print for greyscale and colour pages, respectively.
Normal quality documents suffer from overuse of ink, making text less readable and colours overly saturated. Thankfully, printing at the highest quality setting largely removes these issues. While text doesn't have laser-like quality, it is accurate and readable. The printer also produces fantastic and vibrant colour in documents.
Like the Officejet Pro K5400dn, the HP Officejet 6000 inkjet printer produces a fair amount of background noise in photos, particularly when dealing with colour gradients. Colours and contrast are acceptable, but the printer won't produce the results that photo enthusiasts require.
For $149, this single-purpose printer is an inexpensive way to print professional documents and marketing materials.
Follow PC World Australia on Twitter: @PCWorldAu
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- TPSharePoint Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPXamarin DeveloperNSW
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Dynamics CRMOther
- FTFront End DesignerOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCTransformation/ Organisational Change ManagerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Marketing SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst & Project ManagerOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- FTSoftware DeveloperACT
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW
- FTProject Support OfficerOther
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisNSW