HP Veer webOS smartphone (preview)
HP Veer preview: The HP Veer is a tiny smartphone with impressive specifications
- 2.6in capacitive touchscreen, webOS, slide-out keyboard, cute form factor
- No confirmed Australian release, no expendable memory
HP's Veer smartphone may have a tiny footprint, but it still includes all the benefits of the webOS platform, along with a physical QWERTY keyboard.
Tiny smartphones have never really been hugely successful, but HP obviously thinks there is a market for them; its HP Veer smartphone weighs just 103g, has a compact 2.6in touchscreen and is powered by Palm's webOS platform.
Check out our guide to the best upcoming smartphones in 2011.
The HP Veer smartphone has a 2.6in touchscreen with a resolution of 320x400 pixels, a 5-megapixel camera, a gesture area for navigation, a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and a Flash-capable Web browser. The Veer is powered by a 800MHz Qualcomm processor, and will come with 8GB of internal memory.
The HP Veer smartphone runs the Palm-developed webOS operating system that powered the Palm Pre smartphone; a product that sadly never made it to Australian shores. HP acquired a struggling Palm for US$1.2 billion in July 2010, and the Veer is one of the first in a suite of webOS-powered products promised by the company.
Despite being small, the HP Veer includes a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard that Palm products were famous for, along with the full webOS capabilities; multitasking via "cards", HP Synergy, which groups contacts from multiple sources in a single application, and the ability to synchronise documents with Google Docs, QuickOffice, Dropbox and Box.net.
The HP Veer can also act as a wireless mobile hotspot, sharing the phone data connection with multiple devices, and is equipped with "touch-to-share" technology, which enables users to share content, read text messages and answer phone calls from a compatible HP smartphone or TouchPad tablet by simply tapping the devices together.
HP has announced it will first be targeting markets where webOS is currently available, so at this stage the HP Veer smartphone is unlikely to be released in Australia.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- HP Omen laptops include a first: Nvidia Max-Q graphics technology
- HP's Omen X Compact Desktop can morph into a backpack VR PC
- HP's Omen Accelerator can give your laptop some guts
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
- Samsung to detail new Tizen OS for smart home appliances, IoT devices
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTBusiness Delivery Project Manager, Digital, AdvertisingOther
- CCTest Specialist - eCommerceVIC
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperSA
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers Canberra, Brisbane, Melbourne or AdelaideACT
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- CCMultiple Hadoop Developers SydneyNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTSystems Co-ordinator / AdministratorOther
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWOther
- CCTeam Assistant/Executive Assistant - TelcoVIC
- FTLead Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- FTCRM Siebel DeveloperVIC
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTMobile App Developer - XamarinWA
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC