HTC Thunderbolt smartphone (preview)
The HTC Thunderbolt sports a 4.3in Super LCD screen, a front-facing video camera and a kickstand
- 4.3in Super LCD screen, 8-megapixel camera, decent performance
- In the absence of a national LTE network we're unlikely to see it in Australia (at least in its current form)
The HTC Thunderbolt is equipped with a 4.3in Super LCD screen. It feels really well-constructed and solid in hand while maintaining the slick aesthetic we've come to expect of HTC phones.
Probably the worst-kept secret phone of CES, the HTC Thunderbolt is finally official on the 4G LTE network of US telco Verizon. I got a chance to play with the HTC Thunderbolt on the showfloor and for a bit longer at an HTC gathering at In-and-Out (yes, that In-and-Out). There have been an overwhelming number of exciting phones at CES, but the Thunderbolt is one of my favorites.
Similar in design to the HTC EVO 4G, the monstrous Thunderbolt sports a 4.3in Super LCD screen, a front-facing video camera and yes, even a kickstand. It feels really well-constructed and solid in hand while maintaining the slick aesthetic we've come to expect of HTC phones. It also has an 8-megapixel camera, which took pretty clean pictures in the bright lights of the Las Vegas In-and-Out.
Running HTC Sense over Android 2.2, the Thunderbolt also incorporates Skype video chat into the HTC Sense interface. The Thunderbolt has 8GB of on-board storage with a 768 RAM Memory card and comes preinstalled with 32 GB microSD. So basically, this thing is a multimedia powerhouse.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- Huawei Unveils First Car To Be Driven By AI-Powered Smartphone
- OPPO Launches Free Screen Repairs for Latest Devices
- Samsung Partners With Commonwealth Bank
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTProject Manager - ERP implementationOther
- CCProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Program AnalystOther
- TPDesktop Support & Procurement AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Splunk DeveoperVIC
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTTest Analyst - RiskOther
- TPSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? NetworkingQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- CCCisco Engineer - Perth basedSA
- FTPMO LeadOther
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- CC.Net Integration Lead DeveloperNSW
- FTCheckpoint Engineers wantedVIC
- FTProject Analyst / Project SpecialistOther
- CCSolution ArchitectWA
- CCInfrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - AgileOther
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperACT
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware System AdministratorACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther