Hyundai ImageQuest N91S
- Response time, Built-in speakers, Sharpness and resolution
- Poorly designed controls, Slight image noise
The N91s is a solid performer that is only let down by poorly implemented controls and slight image noise when displaying fine vertical lines. Otherwise, it’s an excellent monitor with great sharpness and no major display flaws.
Price$ 499.00 (AUD)
The Hyundai N91s is an attractive 19-inch LCD monitor that boasts a fast 8ms response time for its asking price, built in stereo speakers and a pleasing design that makes it a solid, if not spectacular all-round performer. It is only let down by poorly implemented controls but most importantly, at its native resolution of 1280x1024 its display quality is above average.
We ran a standard set of tests on the N91s using DisplayMate Video Edition and the results were quite good. DisplayMate has a range of test images that are designed to push a monitor to its limits and reveal any flaws. The N91s particularly excelled in the geometry and distortion tests, failing to show any major weaknesses.
It also faired quite well in the sharpness and resolution tests. We were impressed with the crispness and clarity of the display overall and the fact that it had no noticeable ghosting problems while running games. The only issue with the N91s' performance appeared in our vertical line test, with a few aberrations visible on certain charts. Some test patterns also revealed slight image noise; however, this wasn't particularly noticeable, and shouldn't be a major problem.
Backlight bleed didn't prove to be an issue on this unit, with a consistent even distribution of light across the whole screen. The N91s performed fairly well in terms of colour too, although its blues were somewhat oversaturated.
Its specifications reflect the price, with a brightness rating of 280cd/m2 and 500:1 contrast ratio. There are models with better specifications out there, but we were more than satisfied with this panel's performance in these regards. It rendered the black to white charts well with even gradation from one shade to the other. This monitor is a solid display and while it won't outperform high end models, its image quality is quite impressive for a budget offering.
In terms of its design, the N91s is finished in a matt black plastic with silver trim. It's a fairly simplistic yet professional look that will blend into any office or home. Curved edges and a circular stand are also part of the N91s as well as a five-way navigational control circle. Unfortunately, these buttons are difficult to operate due to their sunken position on the front panel. They require a firmer than usual press to activate, so adjusting the monitor's calibration settings isn't as easy as it should be.
The calibration options themselves are fairly basic, with the ability to adjust brightness, contrast, horizontal and vertical positioning, phase, colour and language. There's also an automatic calibration option, which allows the user to let the N91s adjust to settings optimum for your PC setup. The N91s also includes built in speakers, located on the bottom of the front panel, below the display. We wouldn't recommend them for high-quality sound, but they are convenient if you don't already have a set of desktop speakers.
Overall, the Hyundai N91s is a well designed LCD monitor at a bargain price. It is only let down by a poorly implemented control panel and slight image noise when displaying fine vertical lines. This is a solid performer packaged in a neat design.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
- Samsung's 49-inch mega-wide display may displace multi-monitor setups
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperOther
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- TPEnterprise Applications AdministratorQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTMEAN Stack DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Unica DeveloperOther
- FTWorkforce Planning AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTNon - Functional Test LeadOther
- CCLevel 1 Service DeskACT
- FTFront End Developer (Urgent)Other
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior JAVA Developer - (Adobe Experience Manager)Other
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTOffice 365 SMEOther
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTWeb Developer - Full Stack - 3D, VR, WebGLNSW
- FTRegional Market Manager - Wide Bay RegionQLD