IBM Australia Lenovo ThinkCentre M52-9210-D1M
- Biometrics included
- No office applications included
A corporate machine for the security conscious business user looking for stability and reliability.
Price$ 1,350.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Lenovo's new ThinkCentre comes tailored for your office right out of the box. For all of its business acumen, though, office applications are notably absent from its software suite.
Included software from Lenovo concentrates on recovery, maintenance and security. IBM Client Security Software, PC Doctor and Create Recovery Disc, among others, enhance the reliability of the platform. The support for fingerprint recognition and an embedded security chip will be welcomed by many businesses. However, a fingerprint scanner must be purchased separately.
The unit is has a small footprint at 8cm x 31cm x 35cm and comes without a monitor, as many workplaces will have these already. The ThinkCentre comes with a stand so it can be positioned horizontally or vertically, further increasing desk space. The case is well-built and incredibly strong. Tucked inside is a 3GHz Pentium 4 processor and an 80GB hard drive without locking SATA clips. The built-in speaker is small, but will deliver all the sound you need for office work. On the back are six USB 2.0 ports, two serial ports, Gigabit Ethernet connection and VGA output. On the front are two more USB 2.0 ports, microphone and headphone ports.
The chassis is completely tool-less and can be easily popped open for maintenance. The ThinkCentre is upgradeable, with one spare PCI slot and a one spare PCIe x1 slot. There is also one RAM slot available to boost it from its current 512MB DDR2 RAM to a max of 4GB. The optical drive, which is 16x DVD and 48x CD, doesn't burn discs. This might seem annoying, but adds to data security. However, it does leave me questioning why there are eight USB 2.0 ports which you cannot lock down.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple Roll Out High Sierra
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- ASUS' VivoMini VM45 gets upgraded to 7th Generation Intel processors
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
- HP reboots Omen desktop with more of what gamers love
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- CCContent WriterNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTransport EngineerOther
- FTApp Support Tech LeadQLD
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- TPProject DirectorQLD
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Risk CoordinatorSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerACT
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTChange Lead- Strategic Implementation & Transformation ProjectsOther
- TPSenior .NET ContractNSW