IBM Australia Lenovo ThinkCentre M52-9210-D1M
- Biometrics included
- No office applications included
A corporate machine for the security conscious business user looking for stability and reliability.
Price$ 1,350.00 (AUD)
Best Deals (Selling at 1 store)
Lenovo's new ThinkCentre comes tailored for your office right out of the box. For all of its business acumen, though, office applications are notably absent from its software suite.
Included software from Lenovo concentrates on recovery, maintenance and security. IBM Client Security Software, PC Doctor and Create Recovery Disc, among others, enhance the reliability of the platform. The support for fingerprint recognition and an embedded security chip will be welcomed by many businesses. However, a fingerprint scanner must be purchased separately.
The unit is has a small footprint at 8cm x 31cm x 35cm and comes without a monitor, as many workplaces will have these already. The ThinkCentre comes with a stand so it can be positioned horizontally or vertically, further increasing desk space. The case is well-built and incredibly strong. Tucked inside is a 3GHz Pentium 4 processor and an 80GB hard drive without locking SATA clips. The built-in speaker is small, but will deliver all the sound you need for office work. On the back are six USB 2.0 ports, two serial ports, Gigabit Ethernet connection and VGA output. On the front are two more USB 2.0 ports, microphone and headphone ports.
The chassis is completely tool-less and can be easily popped open for maintenance. The ThinkCentre is upgradeable, with one spare PCI slot and a one spare PCIe x1 slot. There is also one RAM slot available to boost it from its current 512MB DDR2 RAM to a max of 4GB. The optical drive, which is 16x DVD and 48x CD, doesn't burn discs. This might seem annoying, but adds to data security. However, it does leave me questioning why there are eight USB 2.0 ports which you cannot lock down.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 2 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 3 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 4 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
- 5 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- CES 2018: Intel Reveals VR-Ready ‘Hades Canyon’ NUC
- iMac Pro first look: Apple’s most powerful Mac is a multiprocessing beast
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness Analyst - HR RosteringOther
- FTLead Data Engineer - Greenfield projectQLD
- FTSystems SpecialistSA
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTLead Mobile DeveloperQLD
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- FTSenior System AdministratorOther
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- CCSolution Architect ? Office 365 MigrationQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTAccount Manager - Enterprise AccountsOther
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- TPDelivery ManagerACT
- TPPHP and PL/SQL SupportNSW
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTContinuous Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Architect - Digital Transformation Business ChangeOther
- FTSecurity Specialist (SIEM)Other
- CCSystem Access Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTSecurity ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTPortfolio & Governance Senior AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTICT Service Centre Team LeaderVIC