IBM Australia ThinkVision L190
- Simple, good graphics, very good text display.
- None to speak of.
The IBM ThinkVision L190 delivers crisp text in an easy-to-use, no-frills package.
Price$ 699.00 (AUD)
The IBM ThinkVision L190 is as simple as an LCD monitor gets. This analog-only model takes a just-the-facts-ma'am approach, eschewing advanced extras in favor of simplicity and a low price. As its boxy, businesslike shape suggests, the L190 performs better at office tasks, like displaying text, than at presenting complex graphics.
We ran it through a series of tests. On a fonts test, the L190 made regular and reverse text of several sizes look sharp and readable. We had no major complaints about graphics, although we noted that the default settings were a little too cold to make our fruit tart test photo look appetizing. All in all, the L190 produced very good text results, and quite decent graphics results as well.
Usability is one of the L190's strong suits. The online manual includes black-and-white diagrams suitable for printing, and it defines the three colour presets in real words (6500 degrees Kelvin as "pink white," for instance). Even without a manual, navigating the basic, well-organized screen adjustment menus with IBM's usual wavy buttons takes little effort. Though I'd have liked the stand better if it had offered height or swivel adjustments in addition to tilt, it certainly does feel sturdy.
If you're replacing a CRT or a smaller LCD, the L190 will suffice for general office use. If price is paramount, you may want to compare the L190 to Samsung's SyncMaster 915n, a similar monitor that cost slightly less at time of writing.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTDesktop Technical LeadOther
- FTTableau Application Support SpecialistOther
- FTChange Manager, Business RelocationsOther
- FTCloud Solution ArchitectOther
- FTAutomation Tester - 12 month contract - Big 4 BankOther
- FTIT Graduate / Junior Project AdministratorOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCBusiness Architect/Strategy AnalystVIC
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- CCApplications Development Delivery LeadVIC