- Great menu system, good brightness levels
- Very noisy
A cheap purchase if you don't mind the noise.
Price$ 1,599.00 (AUD)
An affordable DLP projector, the X2 has a brightness rating of 1600 ANSI lumens, so you can use it in a greater variety of light conditions. To preserve lamp life, you can invoke 'whisper' mode, and drop down to a more conservative 1100 ANSI lumens.
Incidentally, the 'whisper' mode seems to be something of a misnomer, since even here, the projector runs at a painfully loud 37dB. Another slight disappointment is the resolution support; the maximum resolution is 800 x 600 (SVGA). While this is fine for most purposes (and is a primary reason for the X2's low price tag), for serious use, you would have to consider whether 800 x 600 is enough. The control panel is designed for total simplicity, though, and InFocus' ProjectAbility menu system is a joy to use.
The X2 has a 2000:1 contrast ratio that promises excellent depth of colour, especially at the darker end of the spectrum. The image quality is very good, and business and home users alike will enjoy watching the X2. The presence of composite RCA connectors is a useful feature for those looking to add some proper speakers.
This is an extremely good projector for the money, but those looking for a significant jump in performance from the X1 are likely to find it an anti-climax.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- BenQ Debuts True 4K UHD HDR Home Cinema Projector Designed for Modern Families
- Sony's Android-powered Xperia projector turns any flat surface into a touch screen
- Sony’s new liquid-cooled 4K home video projector delivers 5000 lumens of brightness, costs $60,000
- BenQ targets Epson with revamped home entertainment projectors
- LG's new Laser Display gives you 100in of full HD glory
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPSharepoint AdministrationQLD
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTStorage & Backup EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Infrastructure)Other
- FTTest AnalystQLD
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- CCDesktop Support Technician - Karratha basedWA
- TPWindows 10 Deployment EngineerQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution Architect - Network SecurityOther
- TPDigital Business Analyst (Senior)WA
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase Systems Specialist - AzureOther
- FTIT Sales/Account Manager - EducationNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - CRMQLD
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk SupportVIC
- FTProject Manager (Telco) - Mid-LevelVIC
- FTTechnical LeadQLD
- FTOracle Developer (PL/SQL)SA
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSecurity EngineerOther
- CCData Analyst =QLD