Insofta Development Document Backup
Insofta Document Backup makes the backup process as simple as possible
- Encryption, professional appearance, scheduling
- No preconfigured filters and filter sets
We were impressed with Insofta Document Backup, although the lack of plain-file backup may render it less than a perfect fit for some.
Price$ 36.95 (AUD)
Insofta Document Backup is basic in name as well as concept, making the backup process as simple as possible.
The program is professional in appearance, which will make neophytes and experienced users alike feel good about it. Insofta Document Backup steps you through the process of creating backup jobs, and will even stick an icon for the job you just created on the desktop.
Insofta Document Backup uses the Windows Volume Shadow Service to back up locked files, and can store its zip files to Blu-ray Disc and DVD as well as local, network and FTP destinations. It doesn't keep revisions of individual files, but can store each new backup in a dated folder if you so desire. The program performs full backups to an existing archive, as well as incremental and differential backups to an existing archive.
Encryption and scheduling are also available. In fact, Insofta Document Backup is the only program we know that offers the option to skip compressing already-compressed file types such as jpegs to save time during the backup. To be fair, some other programs may be doing this automatically.
One thing we'd like to see added to Insofta Document Backup are preconfigured filters and filter sets, such as *.doc or Word Processing Documents (*.doc, *.docx, *.wpd, *.txt, etc.). For now you must add these manually, which doesn't fit with the program's easy-to-use philosophy. The other thing we miss is plain-file backup - even if you select no compression, files are still zipped up.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCMid-level Architect/Technical Lead ( Java/J2EE) - Brisbane LocationVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Dynamics AX DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSecurity ArchitectNSW
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- CCSenior Storage AdministratorACT
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior Solution Architect - TransformationOther
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Cyber Security)QLD
- FTProduct Manager - SDN Network ServicesACT
- TPIT Project Support & Finance OffcerVIC
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- FTJunior level .NET DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorACT
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- FTField EngineerOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW