Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008
- Easier startup, more integration with online services
- Pricier than predecessor
Microsoft Office Accounting still integrates better with Office applications, but Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 retains its lead in accounting capabilities. Overall, the upgraded integration with online services and the friendlier startup routine make QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 a good choice for newcomers and a solid upgrade for existing customers.
Price$ 753.00 (AUD)
With this upgrade QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 simplifies program setup, provides useful training help, improves integration with online services, and adds other interesting features. These help justify its hefty cost of $753 -- although it is available for less if you shop around. Irritatingly, the US cost is only half of that at $US450 ($AU487 at time or writing).
A smarter setup process reduces the number of screens required from more than 100 in previous versions to about 30 in Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008, reducing new users' startup time.
The new QuickBooks Coach and Tips give novice users two ways to learn: tutorials and guidance. You can use Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's interactive tutorials to learn more about key features, and rely on guidance mode as you work with the program. If you get stuck, clicking on a guidance icon leads to an explanation of how a process fits into your accounting workflow.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's online help now displays context-sensitive topics. A link goes to the QuickBooks Community Forums, a bulletin-board system where users can view or post messages on tips, best practices, and questions.
Quicken and Peachtree users have long been able to convert and import financial data into QuickBooks; with Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008, Microsoft Office Accounting users have that option, too.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's new 'Time and Expense' invoice form puts your unbilled time and expenses on a single screen, to help you decide which customers to bill. The QuickBooks Time Tracker (an extra-cost subscription service) enables you to use Microsoft Outlook to account for your time.
Many QuickBooks users hire a professional accountant to look at and adjust their books before preparing year-end financial statements. Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 makes sharing data with your accountant easier with a wizard that guides you through the steps of creating an accountant's copy of your books. The software encrypts the copy and sends it to your accountant via a secure Intuit server.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 has improved its integration with various online services. An expanded listing service adds your business to several directory sites, including Google Maps, Yahoo Local and YellowPages.com.
Easy access to Google Maps
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 now integrates directly with Google Maps and Directions, which can help sales staffers plan customer calls. For example, prior to visiting a customer, you can click the Directions link in QuickBooks and create a Google map of the route from your office to the customer, with directions.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 comes with a version of Google Desktop that lets you search for customer or vendor data in QuickBooks or elsewhere on your PC.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Google Home Mini review: a welcome addition to the smart speaker family.
- 4 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 5 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- PC World 2017 Editors' Choice Awards Nomineees Announced
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Data AnalystNSW
- CCExstream DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Data AnalystOther
- CCNetwork DesignerQLD
- FTPenetration TesterNSW
- TPICT Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTWireless Network Engineer - CCNA/CCNPOther
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? SQL Lead -DBAVIC
- FTQA Lead / TesterNSW
- FTResident EngineerOther
- FTSenior Test AnalystACT
- CCSenior MySQL Database Administrator - SydneyVIC
- CCTableau DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystOther
- FTSenior PM - Skype for BusinessOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Java Developer with front-end focusOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTLead PHP DeveloperQLD
- CCSEPM Security EngineerWA
- FTFunctional AnalystVIC