Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008
- Easier startup, more integration with online services
- Pricier than predecessor
Microsoft Office Accounting still integrates better with Office applications, but Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 retains its lead in accounting capabilities. Overall, the upgraded integration with online services and the friendlier startup routine make QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 a good choice for newcomers and a solid upgrade for existing customers.
Price$ 753.00 (AUD)
With this upgrade QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 simplifies program setup, provides useful training help, improves integration with online services, and adds other interesting features. These help justify its hefty cost of $753 -- although it is available for less if you shop around. Irritatingly, the US cost is only half of that at $US450 ($AU487 at time or writing).
A smarter setup process reduces the number of screens required from more than 100 in previous versions to about 30 in Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008, reducing new users' startup time.
The new QuickBooks Coach and Tips give novice users two ways to learn: tutorials and guidance. You can use Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's interactive tutorials to learn more about key features, and rely on guidance mode as you work with the program. If you get stuck, clicking on a guidance icon leads to an explanation of how a process fits into your accounting workflow.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's online help now displays context-sensitive topics. A link goes to the QuickBooks Community Forums, a bulletin-board system where users can view or post messages on tips, best practices, and questions.
Quicken and Peachtree users have long been able to convert and import financial data into QuickBooks; with Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008, Microsoft Office Accounting users have that option, too.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008's new 'Time and Expense' invoice form puts your unbilled time and expenses on a single screen, to help you decide which customers to bill. The QuickBooks Time Tracker (an extra-cost subscription service) enables you to use Microsoft Outlook to account for your time.
Many QuickBooks users hire a professional accountant to look at and adjust their books before preparing year-end financial statements. Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 makes sharing data with your accountant easier with a wizard that guides you through the steps of creating an accountant's copy of your books. The software encrypts the copy and sends it to your accountant via a secure Intuit server.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 has improved its integration with various online services. An expanded listing service adds your business to several directory sites, including Google Maps, Yahoo Local and YellowPages.com.
Easy access to Google Maps
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 now integrates directly with Google Maps and Directions, which can help sales staffers plan customer calls. For example, prior to visiting a customer, you can click the Directions link in QuickBooks and create a Google map of the route from your office to the customer, with directions.
Intuit QuickBooks Premier Edition 2008 comes with a version of Google Desktop that lets you search for customer or vendor data in QuickBooks or elsewhere on your PC.
Join the newsletter!
A printer that is efficient, reliable and can work seamlessly with your systems and software.Read this solicitor's review to find out more!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Transition Manager (Permanent)Other
- FTRelease ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTContinuous Improvement - Lean ConsultantOther
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCTransformation Technical ArchitectWA
- FTProject Co-ordinator / Junior Project ManagerNSW
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- TPEnterprise Architect | QLD Health | $1173/day | BrisbaneNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Problem Management Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCInfrastructure System Specialist - BrisbaneVIC
- TPJunior Business AnalystWA
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTFull Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Process BAOther
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- CCWindows System Admin with IIS - Insurance ClientQLD
- CCDB2 SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Project Manager, Civil, Operations, ConstructionOther
- FTSoftware Technical WriterOther
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- FTEAM SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther