"If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63."
Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008
- Clear, concise and intuitive
- Too simple to be considered for experts, expensive
Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008's documentation is concise and very clear, and this really is one program that even the occasional user will be able to get to grips with when running their business. Expert users may prefer to stick with Sage, but for anyone else QuickBooks really is the most intuitive application in this field. The only negative is that, compared to MYOB, this is a touch pricey.
Intuit has concentrated for a long time on making its accountancy products as simple to use as possible, with recent updates to QuickBooks 2006 and 2007 offering updates that focus on accessibility rather than adding more features. Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008 once again overhauls the interface, while also adding a few useful elements that make this one of the best packages for small businesses.
Intuit QuickBooks 2008 comes in three versions: SimpleStart, Pro and Premier. SimpleStart is the cheapest and most basic release, designed to track money in and out of your business and to handle GST, while Pro allows you to also manage employee time/job costs, keep track of stock and manage a payroll. The top of the range Premier edition adds tools for generating sales orders from estimates, but it's the Pro version that'll appeal to most users.
All important activities are now available from the home page and can be followed through a simple flow chart. Subscribers to QuickBooks Payroll, which costs an additional $US99.95 per year, also have a Payroll Home workspace to work on tasks such as year end processing and reviewing P11s. The automatic scheduling of payroll tasks means that QuickBooks will inform you when details need to be processed in the correct tax period -- one reason why this service is subscription only.
Although not as important as either of these, the inclusion of Google Desktop does offer a quick and easy way of finding a customer, supplier or financial data within the program. Integration with Word and Excel has been improved, so that the professional-looking forms that you create for such things as invoices can now be exported to Office. Additionally, the introduction of new Customer, Supplier and Employee Centres provides one-stop access to information within Intuit QuickBooks Pro & Payroll 2008.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 4 Fitbit Versa review: New look, better price, same limits
- 5 Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 review: Smaller form-factor, higher performance
Latest News Articles
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- Dropbox Rolls Out New AdminX Tools for Data Management
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?