Inventa PCI HDTV
- Excellent picture, good timeshifting
- Difficult installation, scheduler hard to find, tuning requires effort
It's cheap, yet it performs well.
Price$ 119.00 (AUD)
This digital tuner from Inventa is very cheap, and should be considered a bargain.
Our first impressions were mixed, as it took a fair bit of effort to install this card. In the box with the card you will find a program called MyTheatre, which needs to be registered with the distributor (Inventa) before it can be used in an unlimited capacity (it is time-limited to one hour without registration). During tuning, it took us a few tries before we could locate Nine Network broadcasts, and even when we did, we could not view them all the time. We could view all other channels properly and the picture quality of SD and HD channels was excellent.
MyTheatre has a well-sectioned interface with control functions and current channel information located at the bottom of the TV display and channels listed to the right. With MyTheatre, you can record programs either by manually hitting the record button, using the scheduler (which can also launch the program, if it's closed, at the nominated recording time) or you can timeshift a live program by pressing the pause button.
Timeshifting is enabled by default in MyTheatre, and is set to record data to a 10MB file in your system's RAM. While handy to have it always on, this file size is conservative. From the settings menu you can change this value and you can elect to have timeshifting use a file on your hard drive to store its data instead. You can make this file as big as you desire. If you want to continue using the RAM setting for timeshifting, be careful not to make the size too big as you may find yourself running out of RAM quickly and crashing your system.
All up, we like this card's price and we think its software is OK, even though its interface does have a few quirks, such as the scheduler being hidden away in the right-click menu instead of in the main settings area, which itself contains a mixed salad of functions. We also liked the documentation that ships with this card--it explains how to use all of the major functions of MyTheatre.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- FTJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End Developer (Brisbane location)VIC
- FTProject Manager - EDRMS ImplementationOther
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTApplication Support Maintenance & Patching AnalystOther
- CCProject MangerNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerOther
- FTOracle DB & Python DeveloperVIC
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- TPTechnical AnalystNSW
- FTMulesoft Integration DeveloperOther
- FTTableau Support SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW
- FTSales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTLevel 2 Desktop Support EngineerOther
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCTest LeadNSW
- FTData Specialist (SSIS, CRM)ACT
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisNSW
- FTInventory Planning AnalystOther
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther