IOBit Advanced WindowsCare
More than a Registry cleaner.
- Poor presentation of scanning results
Like RegSeeker, we'd recommend Advanced WindowsCare only to advanced users.
Advanced WindowsCare is a free software application that comes with other tools besides a Registry cleaner.
For instance, Advanced WindowsCare claims to deter and remove spyware, optimise your PC, manage your Startup items, and remove junk files. I focused only on the tool's Registry skills, and didn't try any of those other components.
Though Advanced WindowsCare found 323 Registry issues, about the same number as jv16 PowerTools picked up, its presentation of the scanning results was pitiful. Unlike other tools that supplied detailed information about each problem, a choice of fixes, or a way to open the Registry to see the actual entry, Advanced WindowsCare just showed me a list.
Advanced WindowsCare uses a minimalist approach: each item sports a cautionary orange or red symbol (with no legend), the Registry key location and value, and an error description (obsolete software key or missing MUI reference, for instance). And rather than providing a built-in backup module, Advanced WindowsCare simply offered a menu item that brought me to Windows System Restore.
One more issue: you'll need to pay attention when you install Advanced WindowsCare's free scanner, unless you clear the check boxes, it will add the Yahoo Toolbar to your system and make Yahoo your web browser's home page.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo Find X3 Pro review: An all around performer with a touch of class
- 2 MSI GS66 Stealth (2021) review: A gaming powerhouse with 300Hz display
- 3 Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station review: Good for venturing off the grid
- 4 Dynabook Portégé X30W-J – a very good all-rounder
- 5 Realme 7 Pro review: Further progress
Latest News Articles
- Adobe expands Creative Cloud M1 support, claims over 80% better performance than Intel
- Starlink Internet to be deployed in outback Aussie school
- How to set up two-factor authentication for your Apple ID and iCloud account
- How to customize the Safari start page in macOS Big Sur 11.3
- Run Windows 10 on your M1 Mac with Parallels Desktop 16.5
PCW Evaluation Team
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
As the Maserati or BMW of laptops, it would fit perfectly in the hands of a professional needing firepower under the hood, sophistication and class on the surface, and gaming prowess (sports mode if you will) in between.
The MSI PS63 is an amazing laptop and I would definitely consider buying one in the future.
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
- Best Amazon Prime Day deals for Australia in 2021
- Best Australian EOFY 2021 Laptop Deals
- Six headphone deals to consider for Australia's EOFY 2021
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?