IOBit Game Booster
Game Booster is free software that looks for and turns off processes your PC doesn't need, to make it a faster gaming box.
- Free, simple, does what it claims to do
- Needs to be used cautiously
Game Booster is a simple utility that does what it claims to: whether that is a worthwhile install for you depends on your current gaming experience.
Back in the 1980s, gamers would laboriously hand-edit autoexec.bat files to squeeze every kilobyte of RAM they could from their cutting-edge 80286 boxes. Today, we have computers to do that for us. The free Game Booster frees you from special boot floppies, by looking for unnecessary processes (such as a tablet driver when you don't have a tablet PC) and turning them, temporarily, off. You can easily turn them on again by exiting "Game Mode".
There's really not much more to it than that. You have control over which processes to turn off, and Game Booster also checks for programs which do not seem to be essential for running games.
We verified that the processes selected terminated and started as expected. As to how much of a boost you will get... that depends on how close to the edge your system runs. We regained some 300 megabytes of memory, a fair chunk, but on a 4 gigabyte system, we rarely end up page swapping when running games, unless we very deliberately try to fill up RAM. Those on lower end systems may find the effect to be quite noticeable.
While it is very unlikely this program's actions could cause any problem that couldn't be solved with a simple reboot, as with any program which changes running processes, use it cautiously. Make a system restore point before trying it out, just in case.
Join the newsletter!
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Xbox One X
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTTableau DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayNSW
- TPBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTSocial Media SpecialistOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Merchant acquiringNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - CloudOther
- FTDomain Architect - AWS / AzureOther
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- TPInformation Security ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSecurity/ Penetration Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC