Iomega 70GB Rev Drive
- Sturdy and reliable hard drives, 70GB cartridge included, significantly faster than tape.
- Slower than the average USB 2.0 hard drives we've tested.
Backups are essential to the business world and the Iomega Rev drive's strong performance boosts its appeal as a safe alternative to tape. The 70GB (uncompressed) removable drive is a transportable and easy-to-use solution that offers a quick and safe storage option for important data.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev Drive fills that need.
We tested a shipping USB 2.0 $899 Rev 70GB Backup Drive (internal IDE and SATA versions are available as well) that successfully challenges the supremacy of old-fashioned tape drives and media (like DAT 72) still popular in the business backup market. The new Rev can handle 70GB of uncompressed data, almost twice as much content as its predecessor could. Better still, it retains read/write compatibility with the older 35GB cartridges. Backups can also be made using compression, allowing up to 140GB worth of data to be stored.
The Rev's cartridges use technology based on sturdy, reliable 2.5in hard drives, with the platter and motor in the cartridge and the head and electronics in the drive. One 70GB cartridge comes with the drive; subsequent 70GB cartridges cost $79. The drive also includes EMC's backup software, Retrospect Express.
In our tests, the Rev wrote 3.06GB of files and folders (a good indicator of backup performance) in 203 seconds. That's slower than the average of 152 seconds for external desktop USB 2.0 drives we've tested that don't use RAID to span multiple disks, but it's significantly faster than tape.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPSenior Enterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst (SAP Security)Other
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSystem AdministratorOther
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- TP.Net DeveloperWA
- FTWindows EngineerACT
- FTSenior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration Specialist-Tibco & MulesoftNSW
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTData Scientist (Scientific Computing Specialist)ACT
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- CCMultiple Python DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness analyst - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTUser Experience (UX) SpecialistACT