Iomega 70GB Rev Drive
- Sturdy and reliable hard drives, 70GB cartridge included, significantly faster than tape.
- Slower than the average USB 2.0 hard drives we've tested.
Backups are essential to the business world and the Iomega Rev drive's strong performance boosts its appeal as a safe alternative to tape. The 70GB (uncompressed) removable drive is a transportable and easy-to-use solution that offers a quick and safe storage option for important data.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
The handiest and most affordable desktop backup device is currently an external hard drive. But to back up critical workstations and servers, you need high-capacity removable media that you can rotate and secure off-site. Iomega's next-generation Rev Drive fills that need.
We tested a shipping USB 2.0 $899 Rev 70GB Backup Drive (internal IDE and SATA versions are available as well) that successfully challenges the supremacy of old-fashioned tape drives and media (like DAT 72) still popular in the business backup market. The new Rev can handle 70GB of uncompressed data, almost twice as much content as its predecessor could. Better still, it retains read/write compatibility with the older 35GB cartridges. Backups can also be made using compression, allowing up to 140GB worth of data to be stored.
The Rev's cartridges use technology based on sturdy, reliable 2.5in hard drives, with the platter and motor in the cartridge and the head and electronics in the drive. One 70GB cartridge comes with the drive; subsequent 70GB cartridges cost $79. The drive also includes EMC's backup software, Retrospect Express.
In our tests, the Rev wrote 3.06GB of files and folders (a good indicator of backup performance) in 203 seconds. That's slower than the average of 152 seconds for external desktop USB 2.0 drives we've tested that don't use RAID to span multiple disks, but it's significantly faster than tape.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
- QNAP Rolls out Quad-core 4-bay TS-453BT3 Thunderbolt 3 NAS Tailored for Creative Professionals
- Synology Introduces New Data Storage Solutions for Home and Small Offices
- Western Digital moves on Oz consumers with new storage offering
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- FTService Desk Analyst/Telecommunications Service AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CCRelease ManagerACT
- TPService Delivery ManagerACT
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCWintel EngineerWA
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)NSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTJava Developer (API Development)Other
- TPProject OfficerVIC
- TPProject Manager - IT SecurityQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer - MULTIPLE ROLESQLD
- FTSnr Information Security Consultant - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)NSW
- FTSenior DevOps LeadVIC
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTProject Manager - Develop Strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrdOther
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther