Iomega NAS 100d
- Simple setup procedure, integrated wireless access point
- Lacks WPA encryption
This expandable 160GB network-attached storage device is great if you don't need individually password-protected shared folders. The included Wi-Fi access point is a bonus, but not a reason to buy the device if you already have a separate Wi-Fi router.
Price$ 858.00 (AUD)
Ease of use and expandability make the NAS 100d a good choice for that ever-growing home media collection. This device combines a 160GB NAS drive and a Wi-Fi access point, which we recommend using only if you don't already have a separate Wi-Fi router.
Its performance ranked in the midrange overall, although this model was slower in copying large files and searching for a text string.
Some of the NAS 100d's wireless features are dated: it lacks both WPA encryption and enhanced-G speeds. The unit can connect to your existing wireless network as a client so long as you place it within range of your access point. Although the 100d can function as either a router or a client, we don't recommend doing large amounts of file transfers and backups over a wireless connection. The NAS 100d also comes with two USB 2.0 ports for expanding shared storage.
Setup was simple thanks to the browser-based configuration utility and the excellent documentation. Iomega also includes its own streamlined and easy-to-use automatic backup software, which lets you schedule backups of client PCs to the NAS 100d.
Security features, while limited, are good enough for home use. There are no passwords on individual shared folders, so anyone with access to the NAS 100d can read anything on it. You can designate certain shared folders as read-only, but that's all the protection you get.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: ASUS Newest Notebooks
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- FTIT Systems Administrator - Multiple Positions!Other
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTRelease Manager- IT SAP ERP/EAM environmentsOther
- FTSenior Software EngineerNSW
- CCData ArchitectQLD
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Selenium/ToscaOther
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTTechnical Delivery ManagerNSW
- FTProcess Specialist x 2Other
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Logistics and Supply ChainOther
- CCMultiple Xamarin DevelopersVIC
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC
- FTLead UI Designer (Apps)NSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- FTUX Designer | Mobile App | Initial 6 Month ContractOther
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC