Iomega StorCenter Pro 150D NAS
- Robustly constructed, well-designed RAID system, fully-featured software
- Noisy, software is fiddly to use, basic Web interface with a few bugs
This is an efficient and effective NAS system for businesses.
The StorCenter Pro 150D is what you expect of a business-focused network-attached storage (NAS) device: a big boxy chassis that dwarfs its rivals, dull looks, a noisy fan, and support for enterprise-level technologies such as Microsoft's Active Directory. But don't let that put you off. If you can tuck it away in the corner of your studio, then the 150D is worth considering as it's an efficient, effective NAS system.
The 150D's sturdy plastic door hides four drive bays with latches, drive trays to be popped in and out quickly. Drives do have to be screwed into these trays, so swapping drives isn't as fast as on the Drobo: although, as with the Drobo, drives can be swapped while the unit is on and StorCenter automatically rebuilds a RAID array as soon as a new drive is inserted.
The bundled Iomega Discover Tool is fiddly, and we had trouble mapping the NAS to a drive in Windows, but it offers functionality that most NAS have only in their Web interfaces. The 150D's browser-based interface is basic and unfriendly, and when we changed the RAID mode, existing user accounts were deleted.
In our speed tests, the 150D performed slower than Acer Aspire EasyStore for copying data to, and not much faster than the three-drive Thecus N3200 — though for copying files from the unit it was the fastest overall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Western Digital to acquire Tegile
- ASUSTOR Announces Official Launch of ADM 3.0
- Seagate Launces DJI Fly Drive in Australia and New Zealand for Drone Users
- New development for Western Digital
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSolutions ArchitectsOther
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Change ManagerOther
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- FTServer SupportSA
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- FTIT Security Technical Business AnalystOther
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTBatch support specialistVIC
- CCProgrammer Analyst - BrisbaneVIC
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- TPQlik DeveloperQLD
- FTTelco Core Network Support EngineerOther
- FTJunior Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTOracle DeveloperVIC
- FTData Scientist (Scientific Computing Specialist)ACT
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther