iPod Video Converter
iPodRobot iPod Video Converter is a utility that's designed to get around one of Apple's most annoying limitations.
- Functionality should be in iTunes anyway, a bit expensive
If you can stomach the price, IPodRobot comes in handy when you lose your data on your PC and want to get your songs back that you had stored on your iPhone. Or, you synched a playlist from one computer to your iPod and then want those songs on another computer without any hassle.
Price$ 25.26 (AUD)
When you plug an iPod or iPhone into a computer that has iTunes, you're able to synch the PC's playlist on to the device - but you can't go the other way. You can't copy what's already on the device to the PC.
(Photos are an exception, as newer iPods and iPhones store these separately and they are accessible as if the device were an external drive.) Hence the need for a utility like iPodRobot ($25.26, 7-day feature-limited demo), which lets you copy everything on an iPod or iPhone to a PC.
iPodRobot is straightforward enough. Plug in the device when prompted, check what you'd like to copy, and click the Copy button. It works exactly as advertised. Note that if the files on the device have DRM (digital rights management), you still won't be able to play them on your PC unless you bought the tracks.
The app itself and vendor VOW Software's support website have numerous typos and grammatical errors. It's not anything that prevents you from using iPodRobot, but it is a little distracting. Email responses from China-based VOW Software were intelligible, so this appears to be a proofreading issue.
What's not at all clear in the trial version is that it's really more like a feature- and time-limited demo. The Copy to iTunes button brings up a nag screen, but when you click past that screen, it doesn't actually copy the files into iTunes.
That's because the demo only lets you Copy to Folder, and only 10 files at a time. A more intuitive way would have been to grey out the Copy to iTunes button altogether.
The full version costs $25.26, which seems high for what is basically a one-trick pony.
Note: The demo lasts for 7 days and has numerous limitations, including only copying 10 files at a time, only copying to a folder and not to iTunes, and having a nag screen each time you copy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTWebMethods DeveloperOther
- CCHogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTSAP HR / PAYROLL SPECIALISTACT
- CCInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTTransformation SpecialistQLD
- TPChange ManagerVIC
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTBusiness Analyst with Testing backgroundOther
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT