iPod Video Converter
iPodRobot iPod Video Converter is a utility that's designed to get around one of Apple's most annoying limitations.
- Functionality should be in iTunes anyway, a bit expensive
If you can stomach the price, IPodRobot comes in handy when you lose your data on your PC and want to get your songs back that you had stored on your iPhone. Or, you synched a playlist from one computer to your iPod and then want those songs on another computer without any hassle.
Price$ 25.26 (AUD)
When you plug an iPod or iPhone into a computer that has iTunes, you're able to synch the PC's playlist on to the device - but you can't go the other way. You can't copy what's already on the device to the PC.
(Photos are an exception, as newer iPods and iPhones store these separately and they are accessible as if the device were an external drive.) Hence the need for a utility like iPodRobot ($25.26, 7-day feature-limited demo), which lets you copy everything on an iPod or iPhone to a PC.
iPodRobot is straightforward enough. Plug in the device when prompted, check what you'd like to copy, and click the Copy button. It works exactly as advertised. Note that if the files on the device have DRM (digital rights management), you still won't be able to play them on your PC unless you bought the tracks.
The app itself and vendor VOW Software's support website have numerous typos and grammatical errors. It's not anything that prevents you from using iPodRobot, but it is a little distracting. Email responses from China-based VOW Software were intelligible, so this appears to be a proofreading issue.
What's not at all clear in the trial version is that it's really more like a feature- and time-limited demo. The Copy to iTunes button brings up a nag screen, but when you click past that screen, it doesn't actually copy the files into iTunes.
That's because the demo only lets you Copy to Folder, and only 10 files at a time. A more intuitive way would have been to grey out the Copy to iTunes button altogether.
The full version costs $25.26, which seems high for what is basically a one-trick pony.
Note: The demo lasts for 7 days and has numerous limitations, including only copying 10 files at a time, only copying to a folder and not to iTunes, and having a nag screen each time you copy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTTeam and Project Administrator - SalesforceQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- CCSystems EngineerWA
- CCSystems Analyst / Consultant ? SAPQLD
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- FTSAP Data AnalystOther
- FTSenior Unix Administrator - Warehouse Management SystemsOther
- FTTechnical Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- FTInfrastructure Solutions Architect - Converged InfrastructureOther
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPre-Sales Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTJunior Automation TesterQLD
- FTDesktop Technical LeadOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantTAS
- CCAndroid developerNSW
- FTAgile CoachOther