IronKey 1GB S200 USB Flash Drive 1GB
IronKey Personal S200 Flash Drive Is Rugged and Secure
- Portable software; Hardware encryption
- Requires software for password entry
If you're not looking for drive with biometrics, such as the Imation Defender F200, or one with a keypad, such as Lok-It, then the IronKey is a stylish and exceptionally well-conceived flash drive security product.
Price$ 95.55 (AUD)
The IronKey Personal S200 is possibly the slickest combination of software- and hardware-based security in the flash drive market. Though you log on via software, the S200 uses hardware encryption so there's no software running on your PC that can be hacked to intercept data. It's also stylishly rendered in brushed silver metal, rugged, and easy to use.
The Personal S200 uses a small CD-emulation partition to store and auto-run its control panel, which is used to log on and administer the drive. The control panel is portable, so no installation is required and it can run on Windows, the Mac, and Linux. It's nicely laid out, easy to learn and you may add icons to it for any portable apps you load onto the data partition.
You may enter the password via a randomizable onscreen keyboard to foil key-loggers if the situation demands. One flourish I particularly enjoyed was that that actual data partition remains hidden until you've entered the correct password. You may also log on in read-only mode.
IronKey couples the Personal S200 with an online account at my.ironkey.com, which is secured with a password, questions, and a combination image and phrase. There you may back up and retrieve your device password, and any passwords stored in the included Identity Manager password management software that makes it easier to employ complex passwords online. If you log onto the Web portal using anything other than the portable Firefox browser shipped on the IronKey, then you must then enter a code emailed to you after you enter your user name and password. Nice.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
- QNAP ships world’s first Ryzen NAS, promising boosted Virtual Machine performance
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Monster Hunter World review
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTAEM/Jave DeveloperNSW
- CCSCCM Application PackagerQLD
- FT.NET Integration Lead Developer - Australian Citizens onlyOther
- TP2 x Business Process Improvement Analyst | UtilitiesQLD
- CCFront-End Developer (React)NSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical SupportACT
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- FT.NET MVC Developer- Angular JS v1.x, 2.x and 4.0Other
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- FTL&D Developer - Trainer - eLearning SpecialistNSW
- CCLevel 1 / 2 Desktop Support - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTHelp desk Support AnalystOther
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - Global MarketsOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCDrupal DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT