- Small form factor, simplistic and easy to use interface
- Simplicity holds back advanced features, limited information display
A perfect entry into the world of digital television - cheap, small, and simple, and without any major flaws.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Not since the Centrex CTDV100 have we seen a digital TV receiver that differs from the standard VCR form factor. The Centrex was small, simple, and unobtrusive, and we're pleased to report that the STBICT6300 from ITO follows in the Centrex's footsteps, proving that not all set top boxes have to be large and clunky.
Measuring 300mm x 210mm x 64mm, the ITO is slightly larger than the CTDV100, but still remains markedly smaller than every other standard definition receiver we've reviewed. A simple set of buttons for menu navigation sit next to the LED display on the front panel, while a refreshingly minimalistic back panel sports S-Video and AV outputs, SPDIF and not much else. This clutter-free trend is continued on the remote, which is small and lightweight, with an intuitive and readily responsive button layout.
Feature-wise, the ITO has everything we'd expect from a standard definition unit. Radio/TV separation, multiple favourites menus, info display, it even has a pause function, which freezes the image (audio continues uninterrupted, and video playback resumes in time with audio). The EPG and info display are a little bare, lacking program descriptions, but they serve their purpose well otherwise. A basic and easy to use menu system makes operating the device a cinch even for beginners.
Despite lacking high definition support, the 6300 delivers impressively clear and sharp pictures, and most users will be able to notice an improvement over regular analogue signals.
There's nothing that we can really fault about the ITO, apart from the fact that it's simplicity holds it back from more advanced (and rather complicated) functionality. Users looking for a small, unobtrusive and basic model will find themselves well served by this product.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTAccount ManagerACT
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTAPI LeadOther
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- FTJava DevelopersSA
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCTosca Test AutomationVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Manager (Black Belt)NSW
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTSenior Systems Analyst - Network/InfrastructureOther
- FTSenior Salesforce Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCSite Acquisition CoordinatorNSW
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther