- Dog tag design, good volume levels, easy operation and pairing
- Slight delay when handling calls and music, incoming voice could be clearer
The BT3030 does a solid job at wirelessly handling calls and music, and also commands a respectable asking price.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Resembling a fashionable dog tag rather than a Bluetooth stereo remote and handsfree device, Jabra's BT3030 certainly lays claim to the mobile phone market appealing to the fashion oriented.
The BT3030 is a device that wirelessly handles both your calls and music playback using Bluetooth. The design is a small pendant shape, consisting of an etched silver front and rear with black, rubber edging. A beaded-style stainless steel necklace means the BT3030 can be worn around your neck.
Pairing the unit to your phone is a simple process; the BT3030 automatically enters pairing mode when it is powered on by pressing the call handling button. Operation is very straightforward; a play/pause button and previous/next track keys handle your music and any incoming calls can be answered by pressing the call button. If an incoming call is made while you are listening to music, the BT3030 automatically pauses the current track and then resumes once the call is ended. There is a few seconds delay in this regard though -- both when answering and ending any calls.
Call quality is notable but not outstanding, though volume is more than loud enough at its highest setting. Our callers didn't complain about not being able to hear us, despite the microphone being a fair way from your mouth if the BT3030 is worn as a necklace. The clarity of incoming voice could be improved though -- at times it sounded distant and echoed.
The included headphones are solid for music playback, but the best feature of the BT3030 is the 3.5mm headphone jack, meaning any regular pair of headphones can be used with the unit. As with call handling, there is a slight delay when skipping tracks and adjusting volume.
Jabra claims the BT3030 provides up to eight hours talk time and seven hours music playback in addition to 230 hours standby time. The unit is charged via a standard mini-USB connection and an AC adapter is included in the sales package.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Huawei go big on AI, announce Mate 10 + Mate 10 Pro
- Huawei's flagship tech trickles down to mid-tier with new Nova 2i smartphone
- Incipio Adds Pixel 2 Cases To Roster
- Survey: 20% of Aussie Apple users wouldn't switch to Android for a million dollars
- Tech21 Announces New Phone Protection For Google Pixel 2 and Google Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- TPProject ServicesACT
- FTTechnical Delivery Manager - NetworkQLD
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantACT
- FTGraduate Software Developer - Front EndWA
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- CCAutomation Scripter - Data CentresWA
- FTMicrosoft CRM Dynamics Consultant (Mid level)Other
- FTexecutive OfficerOther
- FTProject ManagerOther
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCSecurity AdministratorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Project Manager - IP and Voice ProductsOther
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTWeb AdministratorACT
- FTAgile Business Analyst, website or mobile apps expOther
- CCIT Portfolio Management AnalystWA
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTProject SchedulerSA