Jabra Stone Bluetooth headset
Jabra's Stone Bluetooth headset has a stylish design
- Power-switch-free design gives quick access, take-along charging base provides extra talk time
- Fits right ear only, touch-sensitive volume switch requires practice
The Jabra Stone is a pocket-friendly Bluetooth headset with a travel-size charging base. It offers convenience, high-quality audio and extra hours of talk time when you’re away from an AC outlet.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
It's not often that a product lives up to its name, but the Jabra Stone does so quite literally. This sculpted black Bluetooth headset fits so neatly into its charging base that the combination looks like a smooth, black, plastic stone--albeit one with a micro-USB socket and a Jabra logo.
However, the "stone" isn't just a storage case or a pass-through connection base for a charger. It has its own battery, which, when fully charged, can completely charge the headset--a boon for folks on the go. This means that you always have extra headset charges in your pocket even on long business days when you can't get to an AC outlet or a USB charger.
While the headset's battery alone provides up to 2 hours of talk time and 2.5 days of standby time, traveling with the charging base increases available talk time to 8 hours and standby time to 12 days, according to Jabra. The base takes 2 hours to charge with its AC adapter. As a travelling companion, the base makes the headset easy to find in a cluttered pocket, and it provides some protection for the headset as well. The headset and its 0.67-ounce, 1-inch-thick base measure just 2.3 by 2 inches together, which hardly makes a dent in a jacket pocket.
The concept of a travel case equipped with its own battery isn't new: Plantronics uses a different style of travel-size battery case with some of its units, such as the Discovery 975.
The Jabra Stone supports the Bluetooth 2.1+EDR (enhanced data rate) standardand can pair with up to eight devices, two of which can be in use at the same time. Two small LEDs on the inside of the headset provide feedback on battery status and Bluetooth connectivity. A single LED on the base lets you know if it has enough juice to charge the headset fully.
Jabra's penchant for simplicity is reflected in the Stone. Like the company's other headsets, such as the earmuff-style Jabra Halo, the Stone has no on/off switch. Removing the unit from its base activates it, and pushing it back in turns it off. Instead of a volume-control button or switch, the Stone has a touch-sensitive area where sliding your finger up or down will raise or lower the audio. The volume slide area lacks tactile feedback, however; in my use, getting the right touch took a little practice. You can also adjust the headset volume from your phone, if you prefer.
Pushing down on the wide end of the headset activates the single button on the Stone, which you use for making or taking calls and for pairing the unit with a cell phone. Since the Stone's moulded earhook is part of the device, the unit is designed to fit only on the right ear. Though the earhook is flexible, it is still somewhat rigid and may not fit tightly onto your ear, as was the case for me. A colleague, in contrast, noted that the earhook stayed put on her ear, and felt quite comfortable. The quarter-ounce headset comes with extra earbuds for a better fit if necessary.
The Stone, which has two microphones, uses Jabra's Noise Blackout Extreme technology to enhance your voice while blocking out other noises. The unit also has the company's Audio Shock Technology, which arrests sudden spikes in volume. In my tests, callers had no problem hearing me even when I was in a noisy household with televisions and radios running in the background.
It's hard to fault the Jabra Stone on style--it certainly looks good inside or outside its "stone" base. But this Bluetooth headset will certainly feel and sound better if you can get it to fit well on your ear.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Nokia 1 Release Date, Price & Specification Rumours
- Android 9.0 Release Date Rumours: When is Android P coming out?
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- Sony Xperia XA2 to be Available in Australia
- CES 2018: Alcatel Embrace 18:9 Aspect Ratio In 2018
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTDevOps Engineer, Continuous Delivery, Cloud AutomationOther
- FTTechnical Support Rep - Maryborough QLDOther
- FTPerformance and Capacity Management SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- FTSalesforce Project ManagerOther
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPWeb Content SpecialistACT
- FTERP Support SpecialistVIC
- CCMining Planning System EngineerQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- CCSenior System Engineer l Office 365,Windows 10, VMWare WorkspaceNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTICT Solution ArchitectACT
- CCIteration Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)VIC
- FTPower BI DeveloperOther
- FTJava DeveloperWA
- TPQuality ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst (Cyber Security)QLD
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTData Analyst / Reporting Analyst - $496.00 per dayOther
- FTIT Service Centre Senior Support OfficerVIC