The tree in question here is your drive's file and folder hierarchy, not the elm in your backyard
- Can display a lot of different information, duplicate file search, supports multiple file formats
- Interface strays a bit from the Windows norm
TreeSize Professional is probably of most interest to IT types who want to profile PC usage on a box-by-box basis.
Price$ 50.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing in this product is in US$.
Everything you wanted to know about your hard drive and file system (and probably a lot more than you need to know) and more is what you get with TreeSize Professional (US$50, 21-day free trial).
The tree in question here is of course the file and folder hierarchy, not the elm in your backyard. TreeSize Professional displays everything from wasted space to the largest files to the oldest files in any number of ways — including a 3D tree map, pie chart, and both vertical and horizontal bar charts. It also save stats in several different formats including Excel and XML.
TreeSize Professional also provides ready access to a number of Windows functions, such as the System Restore configuration dialog, Add/Remove Programs dialog, and others that you might find handy while you're cleaning up your system using the program. In the end, that's the program's most useful application Ᾱ showing what's going on in your file system, helping you find files, then letting you move them, delete them, etc. One of the standout functions is a duplicate file search.
TreeSize Professional's interface strays a bit from the Windows norm (hint: Right-click and use standard keyboard shortcuts instead of looking for functions in the Edit menu) but it's otherwise easy to use. The program itself can be a bit bewildering at first, due the number of ways to view info. We do have one wish: The program is so good at finding files, we really wanted to use it for renaming them en masse.
There's a free (albeit less far less useful) version of TreeSize — TreeSize Free — that shows stats, but lacks charting and the pro version's search and manipulation functions.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTMid-level UX DesignerOther
- FTMQ Broker IIB AdministratorACT
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystQLD
- CCInfrastructure Architect - IT ArchitectVIC
- FTPeopleSoft Business AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Scrum MasterWA
- FTSolution Architect - MDMOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCDeveloper - DeliveryNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer / Senior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- CCPortfolio / Project Coordinator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTOperational Risk ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystVIC
- FTSystems Accountant / Production SupportOther
- CCSenior Procurement ManagerNSW
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTContent Marketing SpecialistOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW