Jays a-Jays One headphones
An inexpensive pair of Jays headphones that produce great sound
- Great audio quality, tangle-free cable, low price
- Slight noise leak at high volumes
The a-Jays One earphones are a great buy: they are comfortable and they have good audio quality and an appealing price.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
The a-Jays One headphones are the entry-level earphones in Jays' line-up, and they offer plenty of value for money. They sound great, have an easy-to-manage cord and they are supplied with five pairs of different-sized sleeves to make sure they fit into your ears.
The headphones look like a standard pair of earphones, except for the use of a flat cable rather than a thin and easy to tangle wire. They also have an affordable price tag: $49.95. But don't let that fool you; when it comes to sound quality, the modest little a-Jays pack the punch of a more expensive pair of headphones.
The a-Jays One are designed to plug in to your ear canals and much like the t-Jays One headphones, you need to make sure that you use the correct sleeve size for your ears, otherwise they might feel uncomfortable. Once firmly fitted in your ear canals, crystal clear notes from your music will flood your brain. The sleeves block out a lot of external noise and they also reduce audio leakage, so that your music can't be heard by those around you.
Housed within each earphone is an 8.6mm speaker with a frequency response of 20Hz-18KHz. They offer the same amount of power as the a-Jays Three headphones, although the high frequency response isn't as good (the a-Jays Three have a high frequency response of 22Khz). Regardless, in our tests the treble was spot on. Mid-tones were rich and clear and the bass didn’t overpower the mid- and high-range frequencies. At high volumes there was little to no distortion.
If you want deeper bass, however, then the more advanced t-Jays One headphones are a better proposition as they have a low frequency response down to 18Hz, but you will have to spend double the money.
Become a fan of GoodGearGuide on Facebook
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Stay up to date with the latest reviews. Sign up to GoodGearGuide’s Gear Daily newsletters
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By HyperX
- CES 2018: HyperX announces Wireless Cloud Flight Headset and RGB range
- CES 2018: Jabra Announces Third-Gen of True Wireless Earbuds
- Sony Offer Some Hush in the Christmas Rush For Chatswood Shoppers
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTTechnical Support Engineer - OnsiteOther
- CCData ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Business Process Improvement - Six Sigma Black BeltVIC
- FTSenior Technical Delivery ManagerACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTTeradata Systems Engineer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTJunior Automation TesterOther
- CCMiddleware Messaging SpecialistVIC
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - TechnicalNSW
- CCCall Centre Operator /AdministratorNSW
- FTRecruitment Consultant- Internal Vacancy -NSWOther
- CCSecurity Business AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Integration LeadOther
- FTTransition Manager - 12 Month ContractOther
- CCTechnical Consultant - FortifyACT
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- TPSystems Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR TrainerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Call Centre ExpansionVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork Engineering Team Lead/Network ManagerWA