Just Mobile UpStand iPad stand
The Just Mobile UpStand is a stylish lightweight aluminium desktop stand.
- More flexible than the Apple iPad docks
The Just Mobile UpStand is a lightweight iPad stand that beats Apple's own by being simpler and therefore more flexible in rotation modes. You might think you don't need a stand for your iPad but once you start using one it just makes sense not to have to hold it in your hands or on your lap all the time.
Price$ 45.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in $US.
Just as the iPod and iPhone did before it Apple’s iPad is creating a whole new market in accessories, from cases to keyboards and stands.
Apple itself sells an iPad case and a couple of iPad stands but there are many more becoming available from third-party vendors.
The Apple iPad Keyboard Dock is a nice, if wobbly, way to use the iPad more like a laptop. It begs the question, however – why not just use a laptop, which is just as portable, has its own keyboard and offers much greater functionality?
Of course, while an iPad isn’t as functional as a laptop it is really a quite different beast. Its touchpad combined with an ever-increasing number of wonderful apps makes for something that works better in hand than on your lap of desktop.
The Just Mobile UpStand is a stylish lightweight aluminium desktop stand for iPad that doesn’t feature a keyboard but does allow the iPad to rest straight without having to be held in hand. Although lightweight it’s bulky enough to make it stay in your home or office rather than go on the road with you.
The Apple docks are limited because the iPad has to stand vertically, because that’s where the iPad’s dock connector is placed.
The iPad’s battery boasts a fine charge lifespan so the dock connector is rather superfluous anyway.
The UpStand is just a stand rather than a dock so the iPad can sit either vertically or horizontally – in portrait or landscape modes, so to speak.
Because of its simplicity the UpStand is therefore much more flexible than the Apple iPad docks. If you want to use a traditional keyboard with the iPad an UpStand and a Bluetooth keyboard is a much more flexible solution that Apple’s Keyboard Dock.
The UpStand sits on rubber non-slip supporting grips so that the iPad is held firmly in place. Just Mobiel claims that it is compatible with most iPad cases, too – and this is certainly true with the Apple-made case we tested it with.
Do you need a stand for the iPad?
Until you place your iPad on a stand you’d probably answer “no”, but once you seen the upStand in situ it starts to make sense – especially if you use it to watch videos on or as a digital photo frame. (If only you could hook an iPad up to a portable DVD player…)
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 2 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 3 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 4 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 5 Xbox One X review: Brave new world
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo recalls ThinkPad notebooks after overheating hazard
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By Dell
- macOS High Sierra ‘root’ security issue allows admin access to your Mac—but there's a fix
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Infrastructure EngineerOther
- FTClient PrincipalACT
- CCITIL Service ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Wealth & Fund Management ApplicationsOther
- FTSecurity AdvisorOther
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- CCXamarin .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- FTUI / UX DesignerOther
- FTService Centre ConsultantQLD
- TPSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTIncident ManagerOther
- CCSenior Web DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PERMANENT -Other
- FTNetwork EngineersOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - $104/hrQLD
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCIB2B Developer - Telecom clientVIC
- FTCustomer Support (PAS) Professional- Level 2 - HealthcareVIC
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- TPProject Manager - Senior Application Specialist - HealthcareQLD
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther
- CCKnowledge Analyst (Digital Content)NSW