K-Mart Online Photo Printing
- Nice interface
- Does not deliver, Pricier than the average
A poor choice, combining above average costs with a lack of options and no delivery.
Price$ 0.49 (AUD)
Kmart's photo printing service failed to impress us. It offers a fairly standard array of options with a slightly below average pricing system, taking advantage of Kodak's photo printing network.
The biggest problem by far however is that Kmart has taken the same stance as BigW and do not offer delivery as an option. All photographs must be picked up from their stores. Online printing should eliminate the need to go out at all, so we can't understand why Kmart would exclude this feature.
Kmart's pricing structure is adequate but not particularly impressive, mirroring that provided by Kodak. Standard sized prints cost $0.49 each if you order less than thirty, but this drops to $0.39 for larger orders. 5x7 inch shots will set you back $3.00, but the 8x10 prints are slightly more reasonable at $5.00 each. It is also worth noting that despite having no postage option, and thus no postage costs, there is a $1.99 handling fee which seems entirely unnecessary.
The 8x10 prints are as big as this service goes, which is disappointing, considering some offer prints upwards of 25 inches, and a wide variety of media options (shirts, mugs, puzzles etc). You can access this service through their downloadable software, which we found extremely streamlined. There is no signup, and it was quick and intuitive. Unfortunately this is not enough to save this service from the rest of its problems.
It is a shame, because Kodak's printing service produces some fine images. We felt they were comparable with Fujifilm's shots, which we absolutely loved. Colours were rich and deep, although not quite as bright as Fujifilm's they still looked great.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Roam freely in the digital world. Critically acclaimed performance and security at your fingertips.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Businesses jump on Amazon’s Alexa after Australian launch date revealed
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other
- FT.Net / SharePoint Developer - GosfordNSW
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTSenior Digital Delivery Manager - Project ManagerACT
- FTDevelopment Expert (EL1)SA
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTNetezza Developer - Brisbane locationOther
- FTArchitect - Performance EngineeringOther
- FTApplication Support ManagerOther
- TPPrincipal Solution Architect | CloudQLD
- FTBI Solution DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSAP CRM ABAP-BRF+ DevelopersOther
- TPSAP Functional Consultant - FinanceQLD
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCTechnology Architect x 3NSW
- FTScrum Master, 726793Other
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- CCFull-Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTManager Information ServicesQLD
- CCJava Full Stack DeveloperVIC