K-Mart Online Photo Printing
- Nice interface
- Does not deliver, Pricier than the average
A poor choice, combining above average costs with a lack of options and no delivery.
Price$ 0.49 (AUD)
Kmart's photo printing service failed to impress us. It offers a fairly standard array of options with a slightly below average pricing system, taking advantage of Kodak's photo printing network.
The biggest problem by far however is that Kmart has taken the same stance as BigW and do not offer delivery as an option. All photographs must be picked up from their stores. Online printing should eliminate the need to go out at all, so we can't understand why Kmart would exclude this feature.
Kmart's pricing structure is adequate but not particularly impressive, mirroring that provided by Kodak. Standard sized prints cost $0.49 each if you order less than thirty, but this drops to $0.39 for larger orders. 5x7 inch shots will set you back $3.00, but the 8x10 prints are slightly more reasonable at $5.00 each. It is also worth noting that despite having no postage option, and thus no postage costs, there is a $1.99 handling fee which seems entirely unnecessary.
The 8x10 prints are as big as this service goes, which is disappointing, considering some offer prints upwards of 25 inches, and a wide variety of media options (shirts, mugs, puzzles etc). You can access this service through their downloadable software, which we found extremely streamlined. There is no signup, and it was quick and intuitive. Unfortunately this is not enough to save this service from the rest of its problems.
It is a shame, because Kodak's printing service produces some fine images. We felt they were comparable with Fujifilm's shots, which we absolutely loved. Colours were rich and deep, although not quite as bright as Fujifilm's they still looked great.
Read our roundup for a direct comparison with the other vendors.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Latest News Articles
- AMD Radeon Pro Graphics powers Amazon Web Services AppStream 2.0
- Trend Micro Strengthens its Security Offerings in Trend Micro Security
- Here's the Apple macOS High Sierra release date
- Adobe and Microsoft expand productivity partnership
- Huawei CEO Talks Up AI Ambitions At IFA
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- CCMicrosoft Systems AdministratorVIC
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- CCProject Coordinator - PMO / Telco Exp - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerNSW
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer (Mid level) - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectOther
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerSA
- CCDevOps Consultant - BrisbaneQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- CCPenetration TesterQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCFilenet Developer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTServer SupportSA
- TPDeployment EngineerVIC
- FTLead PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security ArchitectQLD
- FTIT Security AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Objects DeveloperACT
- FTEnvironment and Deployment SpecialistACT
- CCGuidewire Business Analyst - Brisbane basedNSW