- Sounds very nice, reasonably intuitive controls
- Poor surround volume, a little distortion on the bass
A reasonable purchase for those venturing into the world of home theatre.
Price$ 899.00 (AUD)
Kenwood's SAT6100 setup is essentially an upgrade to its 5.1 surround model, the SAT5100, and thus differs very little from its predecessor. It suffers some of the same problems, but also shows a little improvement.
It uses a simple dial navigation system, and all functions are easily accessible via both the remote and the front console. One thing Kenwood has improved with this model is the addition of S-Video ports on the back of the receiver; these were noticeably lacking from the previous model.
The speakers are quite small, yet this doesn't affect the sound quality too much. The front speakers are capable of producing some fine sound, with clear, crisp tones up to a very reasonable volume. The sub seemed to suffer a little at high volumes, however. The sub was great at medium to medium-low bass levels, but in scenes with very deep bass, there tended to be a small amount of static. Overall we were pleased with the sound quality. The dramatic scores of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon echoed very nicely around our test room.
We did have one complaint: the surround speakers seemed to lack presence. Generally, the size of the speakers has been proven to be quite irrelevant, with many small speakers producing some big sound (look at some of Bose's models), but the tiny back speakers that came with this kit could not deliver decent volumes. Unless we were inches away from them, we could not hear them at all. A little fiddling with the settings corrected this somewhat, but it was still disappointing.
A few minutes with the manual allowed us to easily navigate all the available sound options. While not quite as clear as some other kits, it was fairly straightforward and should pose no problem for most people.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
Latest News Articles
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
- iPhone X, Apple Watch Series 3 and Apple TV 4K: Everything Announced At Today’s Apple Keynote
- Sony launches MUTEKI V90DW High Power Audio System
- Plex Cloud is now open to all paid users
- YouTube launches streaming TV service with 40 channels and unlimited cloud DVR storage
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Testing/Technical WritingOther
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTMid Level .NET Developer (Full Stack, Back End focus) - C#Other
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCLinux / Devops EngineerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - SharepointVIC
- FTNode.js DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- CCIntegration Specialist-Tibco & MulesoftNSW
- FTSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTSupport Analyst/DevOpsVIC
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- CCLevel 2-3 Desktop SupportWA
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD