Kingston DataTraveler 150 (64GB)
A fast and reasonably priced flash drive.
- 64GB of storage, fast transfer speeds, low cost per gigabyte
- No encryption software included
The Kingston DataTraveler 150 (64GB) is big, fast and relatively cheap. You'll need to decide whether or not you're comfortable storing this much data on an unencrypted drive, but apart from that it's a great USB flash drive.
Price$ 299.00 (AUD)
It doesn't have flashy extras (excuse the pun) or built-in encryption, but the Kingston DataTraveler 150 provides 64GB (60GB formatted) of relatively fast flash storage for a great cost per gigabyte of $4.98. To put this in perspective, that's half the cost per gigabyte of Lexar's JumpDrive Secure II Plus (8GB) .
To measure the transfer speeds of the DataTraveler 150, we used a folder with 5GB worth of files and a desktop PC with a 7200rpm hard drive. The flash drive achieved an average write speed of 10.63 megabytes per second and a read speed of 28MBps. It achieved an average speed of 8.24MBps when copying files from one part of the drive to another. These are very fast speeds, especially when the price is considered.
However, it's not all smiles and sunshine for the DataTraveler 150. The drive arrives without any software, so it lacks the encryption capabilities seen in the Corsair Flash Voyager (CMFUSB2.0-32GB).
Overall the Kingston DataTraveler 150 is an excellent flash drive with little to fault it. If you're willing to put 60GB of your data onto a single device despite the lack of encryption software, this is a fast and cost-effective option.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Zolo Liberty+ review: The true wireless earbuds you've been waiting for
- 5 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
Latest News Articles
- Intel launches 800P Optane SSD
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- Synology Introduces FlashStation FS1018 and DiskStation DS218
- CES 2018: Crucial launches next generation MX500 SSD
- QNAP Releases QTS 4.3.4. Beta for x86-Based NAS
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Interview - Netgear CEO Patrick Lo talks eSports, the NBN and why mesh is the smartphone of home Wi-Fi
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCSystem Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - RFTVIC
- CCCommunications AnalystVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- FTApplication Support ManagerOther
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTData AnalystACT
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- CCMid - Level Dynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneVIC
- CCC ProgrammerACT
- FTStorage Operations ManagerOther
- CCSQL Database AdministratorQLD
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTSenior PM - Data AnalyticsOther
- CCProject Manager-SCADAQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- FTOracle Database Exadata Engineers, Sydney CBD, 6 months contract,NSW
- CCPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTNetwork Operator - Order Support CentreOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTRecruitment CoordinatorOther