Kodak EASYSHARE C340 Zoom
- Great image quality, light and easy to carry, easy to use
- Horrible image lag, lacking manual features, weak construction
You might consider this model if you're a beginner looking for good image quality, but there are better buys elsewhere.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
This camera is a great example of the direction Kodak seems to be taking with its 5 megapixel range. It is firmly targeted at beginner photographers, making the learning process as painless as possible, but this comes at the expense of control and versatility.
The EASYSHARE C340 Zoom comes with a range of picture shooting options, including sports, landscape and portrait, all of which are easily accessed by the function wheel. Each also displays a description across the screen, explaining what the function is best for, which saves referring to the manual. We really like this function, as it makes the camera intuitive and easy to use, which is perfect for new users. More cameras should implement menus such as this.
On this particular model, however, the options come at the expense of any real control. The camera offers basic features such as white balancing, flash intensity and exposure control, but these are half-hearted. It doesn't have the depth and flexibility required by a moderately adept photographer.
Despite this lack of control, the camera actually produces quite crisp images. Compared to most of the other 5 megapixel cameras in this category, the images were colourful, sharp and full of detail. This was completely overshadowed, however, by the incredible lag that followed taking even the simplest photo. During our testing, this lag was sometimes as long as four and a half seconds, which, when compared with other models is simply not good enough.
The camera design itself also leaves much to be desired. It's smaller than several of Kodak's other 5 megapixel models, but it feels considerably more flimsy than the competition. It's made almost entirely from thin plastic, with hardly any metal present. The upside of this is that the C340 is a very light camera, weighing only 145g without batteries.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Lego Mindstorms EV3
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity Operations SpecialistQLD
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Manager - Product & Value ChainOther
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI / DWHOther
- CCNetwork Engineer (Juniper)NSW
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTTest AnalystOther
- CCSolution Architect - Financial ServicesVIC
- FTBusiness Analysts - apps developmentACT
- FTSoftwares Support AnalystOther
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness Process Improvement AnalystQLD
- FTSitecore Developer/ArchitectOther
- TPIntermediate Solution Architect - DataQLD
- TPICT Business AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer (Angular / .Net)NSW
- FTCloud Systems EngineerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - $500 per dayOther
- FTPower BI DeveloperOther
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- TPTest Analyst / CoordinatorQLD
- CCSystem Access Administrator - TelcoVIC
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD