Kodak EASYSHARE V550 Zoom
- Wonderful pictures, stylish design
- Lacks advanced manual controls
This beautiful looking camera produces equally beautiful pictures.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
This Kodak EASYSHARE V550 Zoom performs extremely well in terms of image quality, yet falls down in several other key areas.
The V550 is a departure from the regular Kodak consumer camera design. It was a very pleasant surprise when we opened the box of this model to discover a slim, stylish, brushed aluminium body. It feels solid and looks great.
The V550 also comes sporting a nice-looking 230,000 pixel, 2.5" LCD. We love big LCDs; they make framing shots just that much easier.
The V550 uses Kodak's standard menu system, which is a brilliant system for new photographers. An on-camera help system succinctly explains what each function does.
This is where the good ends, however. The most noticeable absence from the menu system is any sort of real manual control. That includes manual control over things like aperture, shutter speed and focus. It does offer the standard white balance and ISO controls, and plenty of preset shooting modes, but this won't sate photographers who like to fine-tune their shots manually.
We found the V550 had incredibly fast startup, almost no noticeable shutter lag and 1 to 1.5 seconds image write lag.
The images this camera produces are nothing short of beautiful. For a 5 megapixel model, the V550 outdoes itself, taking images that rival many, more expensive 7 megapixel models. The colour is rich, the detail is clear and crisp. The pictures are something any photographer would be proud to have on their wall.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google WiFi review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Sony Xperia XZ Premium phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
- Linksys Velop mesh WiFi review
- D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- Google WiFi review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTWindows 10 Project EngineerOther
- CCMULTIPLE - SAP ABAP UI5 DevelopersWA
- CCInfrastructure Architect - JuniorACT
- FTSolution LeadWA
- FTChange AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantOther
- FTContract Specialist (Newcastle)Other
- CCIT/OT Solution ArchitectQLD
- TPHolistic BA - IT & Business upgrade - Bathurst location**NSW
- FTSoftware Engineer (Java with DevOps)VIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTProcurement Officer (GITC)Other
- CCProgrammer AnalystQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnical Lead Front-endNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTSenior Data EngineerOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Level 2ACT
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTRecruitment ConsultantACT