Kogan PRO-22 LCD television
This 22in HDTV has a Full HD resolution and an integrated DVD player
- Integrated DVD player, nice picture, clear sound
- Not quite there in terms of colour, imperfect scaling
The Kogan PRO-22 won’t give you the full home theatre experience, but for those wanting to experience high-definition movies and games without a huge screen or a huge price, it's worth a look.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
The Kogan PRO-22 is a high-definition, 22in LCD television with a built-in DVD player, USB and SD/MMC/MS card support and an acceptable HDTV tuner.
The unit is all black, with the main control buttons (power, source, menu, channel/volume) situated along the top — leaving the front bezel looking clean and neat. The sales package includes a remote control.
The Kogan PRO-22 has two HDMI ports, S-Video, component and composite connections as well as VGA and audio input.
The TV's menu includes standard picture adjustment options, such as brightness, contrast, colour and sharpness. The sound options include area presets such as concert, living room, bathroom and arena, which all sound pretty good at low to moderate volumes, although at high volume levels things start to sound a little hollow. There is also a password setting for parents and a sleep option.
We plugged the Kogan PRO-22 into both a PlayStation 3 and an Xbox-360 HD-DVD player and found the picture quality to be quite impressive. The PRO-22's native resolution is 1920x1080, so the screen is well suited to high-definition content like Blu-ray video. With a static contrast ratio of 800:1, colour isn't as vivid as it is on more expensive TVs — but this can be forgiven given the extremely low price tag.
Image sharpness when viewing 1080p content was acceptable — with such a small screen size, it's hard to see fine details. The screen struggles when scaling video that's not at its native resolution; we fed it some downloaded video footage and noticed a significant lack of detail compared to what we've seen on more expensive 22in units like the Teac LCD228HDM and the Sony Bravia KDL22S5700. DVD quality footage fares better but again it isn't perfect — the screen's scaling engine is simply inferior to other offerings.
If you're looking for a small, versatile and, most importantly, cheap second screen for casual movie watching or game playing, Kogan's PRO-22 22in LCD television is a good choice.
Follow GoodGearGuide on Twitter: @GoodGearGuide
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Xbox One X
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 TCL X2 review: QLED escapes the premium market
- 2 Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- 3 Acer Spin 5 review: Value for money but conditions apply
- 4 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 5 Sony LF-S50G review: Google Assistant and then some
Latest News Articles
- CES 2018: Hisense's 2018 TV Lineup Is 'A Whole Other Story' For Australians
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Sony's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Samsung's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At Hisense's Press Conference
- CES 2018: Everything Announced At TCL's Press Conference
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- JBL Link 10 review
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSoftware DeveloperNSW
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst x 2 - ServiceNowQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - Enterprise Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCIBM Lotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCLead Technical Specialist ? Storage & BackupsVIC
- TPDevOps Practice OfficerACT
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTProject Director - SAAS ImplementationOther
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTProject Manager (Rail/ Signalling/Electrical / Construction)Other
- TPSenior Project Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- CCCall Centre Operator /AdministratorNSW
- FTSQL Developer / Data AnalystOther
- FTSQL Database AdministratorACT
- FTMainframe DevelopersOther
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTCRM Solution ArchitectACT
- FTUI / UX Designer - UBANK - ContractOther
- CCSystems Administrator - not for profit organisationQLD
- CCHelpdesk TechnicianNSW
- CCPega Resources Required - Developers & ArchitectsACT